Anyone Know How to get DreamlightsTouch of Egypt city to work??

Lonnie DudeLonnie Dude Posts: 45
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

The product launches and just shows me an empty well lit desert after i have to hunt for sky dome jpg. Tried to open the files in DAZ Studio 3 and 4. i get the error message that DAz can't find what it's looking for. In Daz 3 gives me an error log message. I installed the files the usual way( My documents/My library), then i followed the directions that came with the product( content folder in 2 locations?), and nothing. This may have been posted before, but as you know the search on this forum isn't really working yet.
Thanks.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

My Library is the Content Folder in DS4. You can not have a Content Folder inside My Library. In DS3 Content is the top folder and also can not have another content folder inside it. If this came as a ZIP file (Most of the items do) It was probably made when all the DS files went into the Content Folder. You need to undo what you have done by deleating the files you have added. Then do this...

UnZip the Download file to a TEMP Folder. Open that folder and look at the Folders or Files listed.
    If it starts with a Folder named CONTENT it was built before DS4. if It Starts with a Folder named RUNTIME it is old but easy to install.
    Let's say it has a RUNTIME folder. In Win XP or Win 7 all you have to do is COPY the RUNTIME folder.
    Navigate to your My Library Folder for DS4 or to your Content Folder for DS3. Open the folder so it lists all the Folders inside it.
    Do not open any other Folders stop when you get the list.
    Now PASTE, You will be asked if you wish to MERGE this Runtime with the Existing Runtime Folder. Say YES.
    Your content is now installed properly.

If the file list in the Temp Folder does not Start with Runtime let me know and I will walk you through installing it one step at a time.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Lonnie DudeLonnie Dude Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

what about the folder marked data? i never knew where those went.

edited December 1969

Do the Same, Just COPY it and then PASTE into My Library or Content when you get the Folder list. It will also Ask if you wish to MERGE and then answer YES.

• edited December 1969

Hello there! I've actually run into the same problem, and I was reading through your description on how to fix it. My TEMP folder is showing a CONTENT folder inside...you mention letting you know if it does not start with the Runtime folder, so I wanted to do that to make sure I re-install this correctly. Any differences between your directions for the Runtime folder and the Content folder?

Thanks for your time!
    ~Jeremy

Jaderail said:
    My Library is the Content Folder in DS4. You can not have a Content Folder inside My Library. In DS3 Content is the top folder and also can not have another content folder inside it. If this came as a ZIP file (Most of the items do) It was probably made when all the DS files went into the Content Folder. You need to undo what you have done by deleating the files you have added. Then do this...

UnZip the Download file to a TEMP Folder. Open that folder and look at the Folders or Files listed.
    If it starts with a Folder named CONTENT it was built before DS4. if It Starts with a Folder named RUNTIME it is old but easy to install.
    Let's say it has a RUNTIME folder. In Win XP or Win 7 all you have to do is COPY the RUNTIME folder.
    Navigate to your My Library Folder for DS4 or to your Content Folder for DS3. Open the folder so it lists all the Folders inside it.
    Do not open any other Folders stop when you get the list.
    Now PASTE, You will be asked if you wish to MERGE this Runtime with the Existing Runtime Folder. Say YES.
    Your content is now installed properly.

If the file list in the Temp Folder does not Start with Runtime let me know and I will walk you through installing it one step at a time.
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

My Library and Content are 'top level' folders. That means everything else goes in them (Runtime, etc). You never want to put a Content folder inside a My Library folder or you'll end up with 'nested' folders an 'missing' files.

edited December 1969

The New DAZ Zips start with a Content folder as the top folder, for those you do this to install.

Open the Content folder, select all folders in it and Copy. Now as before you go to My Library and Open it and Then PASTE and Merge. That will install all content properly.

• edited December 1969

Awesome, got it working! Thanks for the input, and the time you took to answer this thread! :D

~Jeremy