Morph Loader Pro morphs not affecting some bones

Hey guys,

So this is a strange one. I've been importing custom made morphs from Blender into Daz Studio 4.5 using the Morph Loader Pro utility and after the initial learning curve I haven't had any trouble. I am now however experiencing an issue where Morph Loader Pro loaded morphs aren't affecting all the bones on a custom-made figure for V4.2.

I'm currently trying to make a morph for the right thigh group in my figure, and have made morphs for other body parts and they work fine. As an example of my issue, I've made a morph that affects the chest and right thigh groups. For some reason, when loaded, I can slide the morph slider and see the correct movement on the chest, but none on the thigh polygons. I checked to make sure I cleared off all the dead morphs from the thigh in the Property Editor (from when I made the figure) and indeed there is nothing there that should be inhibiting a new morph from being loaded.

If I fit the figure to V4.2 and move the thigh, the geometry does indeed fit to the thigh, so I know that these polygons are in the correct vertex group. I also double checked in Blender when I made the morph, and the polygons are in the correct vertex group there as well.

Any ideas what the issue might be? Thanks!

EDIT: I think I may have resolved the issue, but I'm still not certain why it occurs. Here's how I fixed it...

When I made the morph, I exported the figure geometry out of Daz and imported it back in using the attached settings. This normally works for me, but this time it didn't.

On a whim, I tried making a test morph using a Blender file I had made from the .OBJ that was exported during the figure creation process (the one that was attached to the skeleton during Figure Setup, and had been exported using Poser settings). I then loaded the morph using the Morph Loader Pro with Poser scaling settings. This time, it worked perfectly.

Daz_-_Blender_Import_Export_Settings.jpg
669 x 366 - 141K
Post edited by joeshelton0001_f3a8ae879b on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,002
    edited December 1969

I assume when you fit the figure to V4 you are using Transfer Active Morphs? That has nothing to do with vertex count, which is the usual cause of morphs failing completely (vertex order just scrambles them).

• edited December 1969

Woops, I was writing an edit to the original post when you replied Richard.

To clarify though, I tried testing this before and after using Transfer Active Morphs and it made no difference. The morph that was failing to load properly was coming from the Morph Loader Pro utility.