Buying and using a Daz Model

EisenhowerEisenhower Posts: 0

Hi, this is my first time posting so I hope this question is in the right section. Basically, I'd like to buy this model and need to know if I can open it right away (without any other models required) in Daz Studio version 2.3.3.146?

From there I'll want to turn it into an .obj and export to cinema 4d for rigging. Again, I just want to buy it, convert it and open in cinema -is that possible with this particular model and vr. daz software?

thanks for any help...

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2013

It does look as though it is stand alone. You could try asking the creator, he does post here sometimes. A PM should find him

Post edited by Chohole on
  • EisenhowerEisenhower Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole, thanks. so I need "Victoria 4", is that available free somewhere?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Sorry, I corrected my post.

V4 is not free unfortunately but, as I corrected my post, it does appear that this figure is stand alone, but can be used with V4. It isn't actually really clear on the store page. I do suggest that maybe you contact the PA in question, if no one else answers your question.

edited December 1969

Okay, thanks. One more thing, the "PA", is that the vendor? If so, I how do I contact them from their store front? thanks again

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited November 2013

Actually it is quite clear if you open the "What's Included & Features" tab:

Cyborg Version 4 (.CR2 and .OBJ):
    Fully Articulated Female Cyborg

It is a stand alone figure. The .cr2 and .obj are the keys. A .cr2 is a Poser figure file and .obj is the actual mesh object the figure file loads and works with.

Post edited by jestmart on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,360
    edited November 2013

The store page says compatible with V4, not that it is required. Basically looks like you can use v4 clothing on the android/bot. You should be able to load the poser version into DS 2.3 and then apply the DS materials.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited December 1969

FirstBastion, yeah I was finally able to load everything up except the textures. I'm manually assigning everything because the installer is kind of weird. I was expecting zip, rar files or whatever and boy was I wrong... :)