ERC freeze causing dial paramter window to crash DAZ

BasisBasis Posts: 121

This doesn't happen all the time, but at some point when adding an ERC freeze to a dial, upon attempting to open that dial's parameter window, it will cause DAZ to crash.
It will continue to do so, until the offending target of the ERC freeze is removed from it's folder. This doesn't fix the problem, it just forces DAZ to skip that missing morph asset.
It also seems that once this starts happening, it doesn't matter what morph correction I attempt to connect to the dial. The result remains the same.

I can get around the problem by making an empty controller that references both the correction morph and the morph it's attempting to correct. However, I'd really rather not do that because it's not aesthetically pleasing.

Does anyone know what's causing this kind of odd behavior?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,001
    edited December 1969

There is a known crash bug with ERC in some circumstances in the release version of DS. The current public beta, which can be installed alongside the release version (but which requires the DAZ Install Manager) has the fix.

• BasisBasis Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

Thank you.

But just in case what ERC's I've already done have residual baggage due to being made by the current DAZ version...

How you you delete an ERC Freeze from a Dial?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,001
    edited December 1969

In Property Hierarchy find the link -either as a Sub Compenent of the controller or a controller of the slaved property - right-click on it and then click Remove Selected.