Morphs

I'm sure someone has done this before...
(so even just a point to a link would be helpful)

I was following along with the Morphing Genesis in Daz and Hexagon manual

And everything worked great
Except that when the morph is applied the whole figure moves just a little bit to the right, and then the autofit function for hair and stuff seems to think that the whole figure is a little to the left of where it should be.

I think I messed something up when following the instructions for adjusting the rigging.
How do I fix this or should I just toss everything and try to reimport a new morph based on the save of the old morph that I did. (I'd rather fix what I've got if I can)

I've messed about trying to move the rigging back but it actually seems to make the whole situation worse.
If someone can do a for dummies sort of talk through that will help me fix the current morph that would be great.
(or even just explain what i did wrong when I imported the morph in the first place - so I don't make the same mistake again.)

Comments

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,134
    edited December 1969

Off the top of my head, it may be that Genesis was not properly centred along all axes before you sent it over to Hexagon, or conversely that you inadvertently shifted it slightly when it was in Hexagon. This offset will then naturally become a part of the morph.

This is a problem I have often on the rare occasions I try to do a morph, and I still haven't figured out how to correct it after the fact! :coolsmirk:

• BasisBasis Posts: 121
    edited November 2013

If you have the Bridge to Hexagon on DAZ as I assume, do this.

Go to Preferences; Bridges; Hexagon; make sure it reads "Show Advanced Options"

If you planed ahead and have an older version of your daz scene as it appeared when you exported the figure and if you have a version of your morph saved in Hexagon. It you can still fix the morph.

Export something to Hexagon, it doesn't matter what. Then in Hexagon, Delete it. Then open an old version of your morph that matches the location of the Figure. it doesn't matter if the isn't correctly centered just as long as they are in the exact same XYZ as each other.

Once loaded into Hexagon, select the figure and export it.

Then in DAZ; name your morph, make a controller for it if you want. The important thing is that you say YES to "Reverse Deformation" (I also say yes to the preserve Deltas, but it's not essential)

Basically Reverse Deformation calculates the values as a relative vector FROM a vertices original XYZ location (0,0,0). And only saves the vertex movement that aren't a null value.
    As opposed to going TO an absolute XYZ location for each an every Vertex in the figure.
    It assumes all vertex points of origin as Genesis without any morphs applied, including V5 and M5 at global center. Which is the standard setting.
    I figured this out by accident and observation, so I may be mistaken as to inner math of the whole thing. But on the front-end of the program, that's exactly what it does.

But if you didn't save often or if you moved the figure in Hexagon and not in DAZ (or moved it in DAZ after you exported to Hex), you will have to start from scratch.
    Because if each vertex is even off by .001 (unless you set it to .01 or higher in the import window), reverse deformation will see it as a difference and record the difference in locations as a morph.

Post edited by Basis on