DSON Importer for Poser 1.1.1.33 General Release, Now Available!

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,794
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    you know what, I haven't tried importing a properly poserized (the method JP posted about) version in vue recently. I have done it in the past and I'm sure it will import. It just won't have the correct UV map I don't think.
    I will have to give it another go. It should work okay for females at least.

If, when you Poserized it, you saved an new .obj with the desired uv set and edited the cr2 to point there it shouldn’t be an issue....
  • Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited April 2014

I am going to need some serious assistance here.

The installation documentation tells me how to install all the necessary files by clicking on installers.

But I don't have any installers. I have zip files.

Is there some documentation that I just missed that explains where to place the folders within those zips?

Thanks muchly.

Post edited by Velvet Goblin on
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited April 2014

The installation documentation tells me how to install all the necessary files by clicking on installers.

Is there some documentation that I just missed that explains where to place the folders within those zips?

Thanks muchly.

Drag the runtime folder, found inside the Content folder in the zip file, into your Poser program folder. The folder where the program is installed, not your content.

Post edited by TheWheelMan on
    edited December 1969

Thanks muchly.

Drag the runtime folder, found inside the Content folder in the zip file, into your Poser program folder. The folder where the program is installed, not your content.

I figured out where the DSON importer itself was supposed to go because the file structure is a Poser file structure. No problem.

However, the remaining files referenced in the installation documentation are nowhere to be found. Instead what I have:
    Genesis2FemaleStarterEssentials, Genesis2MaleStarterEssentials, GenesisStarterEssentials. There are no "Genesis Starter Essentials for Poser", and the other three zips do not have a Poser file structure, leading me to believe that they don't belong in the main Poser runtime.

edited December 1969

In the Temp folder of the DSON Importer zip there is also an installer for the MS Visual C Libraries, if you don't have them installed already....

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Thanks muchly.

I figured out where the DSON importer itself was supposed to go because the file structure is a Poser file structure. No problem.

However, the remaining files referenced in the installation documentation are nowhere to be found. Instead what I have:
    Genesis2FemaleStarterEssentials, Genesis2MaleStarterEssentials, GenesisStarterEssentials. There are no "Genesis Starter Essentials for Poser", and the other three zips do not have a Poser file structure, leading me to believe that they don't belong in the main Poser runtime.

Log in to your DAZ account, go to the Product Library, and search for Starter Essentials. Those are the actual Genesis and Genesis 2 files.

edited April 2014

Thanks muchly.

Don't install any content to your main Poser Runtime; just the Importer.

I created a folder called DAZ Content that I installed the Starter Essentials and Poser companion files to. Drag the runtime folder from each of those archives to the folder you created and add that folder to the Poser Library as an external Runtime...

EDIT the content folder can be anywhere on your computer outside of the Program Files heirarchy. I put min on the same as the folder that contains the Poser Content Runtime.

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

WandW said:

Thanks muchly.

Don't install any content to your main Poser Runtime; just the Importer.

I created a folder called DAZ Content that I installed the Starter Essentials and Poser companion files to. Drag the runtime folder from each of those archives to the folder you created and add that folder to the Poser Library as an external Runtime...

Poser Companion files?

OH!

GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF (and Genesis2FemaleStarterEssentialsPoserCF, etc) ??

The names of the files have changed. Got it. Thank you. That makes sense.

edited December 1969

Poser Companion files?

OH!

GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF (and Genesis2FemaleStarterEssentialsPoserCF, etc) ??

The names of the files have changed. Got it. Thank you. That makes sense.

Be sure to install both the DSON Core and Poser Companion files.... :)

edited December 1969

Thank you very much for your assistance. You provided exactly the information I needed, when I needed it.

Genesis2 is now loading in Poser. :)

• gwp15gwp15 Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

I have finally taken the plunge and purchased some Genesis 2 content, including V6, to try out in PoserPro 2014. Like the previous poster, I had a lot of trouble figuring out where to put the various files, but now I have gotten the DSON Importer to work and have done my first renders. But I still have one problem - Poser keeps asking me for a file named "com.obj", and I cannot find such a file anywhere in the Genesis Starter Essentials (or anywhere else on my computer, for that matter). Can anyone tell me where to find such a file and what it is? Thanks.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,093
    edited December 1969

Just com.obj with no path?

edited December 1969

Yes. I searched all through Genesis Starter Essentials and could not find such a file. Could it be in DSON somewhere?

edited December 1969

It sounds odd - I was asking if the missing file error gave a path, to indicate where it should be.

edited December 1969

It should be in your Poser Pro 2014 content under Runtime\Geometries\Balance\ It will be compressed, so look for com.obz

edited December 1969

Thanks very much for your help. I had not thought about the com file having another ending when I looked for it.

• edited December 1969

A question: the Genesis Starter Essentials contains a Content file, and within that file is a runtime file. I know how to use the runtime file, but what do I do with the contents of the Content file?

edited December 1969

A question: the Genesis Starter Essentials contains a Content file, and within that file is a runtime file. I know how to use the runtime file, but what do I do with the contents of the Content file?

Put those folders into whatever folder contains the runtime. Those contain thecontent in Studio format. These are not seen by the Poser Library, but they are called by the Poser Companion files in the runtime by way of the DSON Importer scripts...
  • edited December 1969

WandW said:

Put those folders into whatever folder contains the runtime. Those contain thecontent in Studio format. These are not seen by the Poser Library, but they are called by the Poser Companion files in the runtime by way of the DSON Importer scripts... So it should be in the following order:
    C:\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2014\Runtime\Content\Runtime?
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited April 2014

WandW said:

Put those folders into whatever folder contains the runtime. Those contain thecontent in Studio format. These are not seen by the Poser Library, but they are called by the Poser Companion files in the runtime by way of the DSON Importer scripts...

So it should be in the following order:

No, take the folders that are inside "Content" in the zip and put them inside "C:\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2014"

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • edited December 1969

Ah! Ok. Thank you! :)

edited April 2014

WandW said:

No, take the folders that are inside "Content" in the zip and put them inside "C:\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2014"
    Only if you are running XP.

The only thing you should put there is the DSON importer; by default it's not part of the Poser Library, and will cause problems with Vista and higher. Make an external runtime folder for your Genesis stuff, or add the My Library folder to the Poser Library if you have Studio installed...

PS be sure to install the Poser companion files to My Library, too, if you go that route....

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

WandW said:

WandW said:

Only if you are running XP.

The only thing you should put there is the DSON importer; by default it's not part of the Poser Library, and will cause problems with Vista and higher. Make an external runtime folder for your Genesis stuff, or add the My Library folder to the Poser Library if you have Studio installed...

PS be sure to install the Poser companion files to My Library, too, if you go that route....

It's not in Program Files so it's fine.

• Nester751Nester751 Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

My available DSON links don't show the newest update version available. It only shows 1.1.2.1.117 for both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. New download update links?

edited December 1969

Nester751 said:
    My available DSON links don't show the newest update version available. It only shows 1.1.2.1.117 for both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. New download update links?

I believe that's the newest released version. The current Beta version is 1.1.3.49...

edited December 1969

Click Download Filters on the Ready to Download tab and make sure Public Builds is checked.

• Nester751Nester751 Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

Click Download Filters on the Ready to Download tab and make sure Public Builds is checked.

Thanks. Ah, I see, cannot download manually from the product download page, only can use the Install Manager. Not going to use that so... guess I get to wait... Don't like having to use download managers. They are unnecessary additional software.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited May 2014

Nester751 said:

Thanks. Ah, I see, cannot download manually from the product download page, only can use the Install Manager. Not going to use that so... guess I get to wait... Don't like having to use download managers. They are unnecessary additional software.
    I could download manually a few days ago, got 1.1.2.117, installed it because I had to install Poser again and it didn't work as I remembered it should work, very, very slow for instance. So I installed 1.1.1.33 again, and that too was very slow. Today I reinstalled the sr3 for Poser and reinstalled 1.1.1.33 and when I followed the link to the readme: DSON readme it showed the 1.1.2.117. So what's up?
    Install 1.1.2.117 again? or should I wait? I don't use DIM on my main computer I download everything there manually.... still :)
    Oh, I didn't test it again to see if everything was faster now.

Love, Jeanne

Post edited by Jeanne M on
  • doldol Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

dson instalation failed?? again and again
    thai say you must located poser,buth via downlood manager?? thats inpossebel

edited December 1969

dol said:
    dson instalation failed?? again and again
    thai say you must located poser,buth via downlood manager?? thats inpossebel

In DAZ Install Manager click the gear (Settings) icon in the upper right, then click on Applications, then click the + sign in the lower left to add the version and path for Poser.