Tutorial: Autofitting Heels Properly to G2F

SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

Since some folks have been having issues fitting high heels to G2F.

Original on deviantart: http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/art/A-Reminder-on-Autofitting-Shoes-to-Genesis-2-412985230

This is what you do to get them fitting better, as in the picture, rather than constantly having the foot clip through. I haven't fixed the shaders and most of these didn't come with DS mats, which is why they are shown untextured or with bad specularity.

You need the V4 clone for G2F to convert V4 shoes. Get it here: www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-g…

The Genesis clone is included with G2F Starter Essentials for free.

1. Load your pair of shoes.
2. Autofit to G2F. Choose the appropriate clone, V4 or Genesis, and Footwear or Full Body (depending on if very high boots).
3. It autofits. The feet probably poke through if it's a high-heeled shoe.
4. Unconform the shoes (fit to--none) but leave them in the scene.
5. Pose the feet of G2F to fit inside the unconformed shoes. Move the thighs if you have to, do whatever it takes.
6. Now go to the scene tab and click G2F, then ctrl+click the shoes.
7. Click on the small Options button on the upper right of the scene tab and choose Edit--Rigging--Transfer Rigging (figure space).
8. Now fit the shoes to G2F again. They now should fit properly.
9. Not mandatory, but adding smoothing and collision through edit--geometry--add smoothing modifier can also help. Set it to generic instead of match base shape if you have issues. Edit--apply push modifier sometimes works better if smoothing causes distortion (set it down to .1 or so instead of the 1.0 it loads at). V4 clothes were not made to work with smoothing and sometimes their geometry will fight you.

You still need to keep the feet posed in an "inside high heels" pose to work properly (you can't literally straighten your foot while wearing stilettos, so it doesn't really make sense for G2F to either), so it's a good idea to save some foot poses to library while you're working to save yourself time.

In my testing I was able to save the shoes to my G2F clothing library at this point as well and have them reload without having to redo this process. It didn't perfectly preserve the giant heel on Bootleggers, but on anything smaller it works quite well (and it still did better with Bootleggers than my own SRMS does fitting them to Genesis).

This technique was originally pioneered by Gilikshe of this forum.

Shoes01.jpg
1000 x 1000 - 774K
Post edited by SickleYield on