220 Emotions for Genesis

GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,488

I'm having trouble locating this product in my content directory. Can someone point me in the right direction? It doesn't seem to be working as smart content.

220 Emotions for Genesis

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It will not show up in your content library, only as dials in the parameters pane

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,488
    edited December 1969

Sigh, nevermind. I found them. The appear under expressions once the head is selected. These are very nice, but presets via the normal smart content menu would have been a bit handier IMHO.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,228
    edited December 1969

Yes, I agree. The promo show nice preview images of the expressions, but all I see in Parameters tab is text and sliders. Who knows what Concentration 07 is? Is there a way to see the faces? Other expression packages I purchased appear in the Content Library with icons. I don't understand why this one is different.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,488
    edited December 1969

It will not show up in your content library, only as dials in the parameters pane

Thanks for your response. Cross posted on your answer.
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Yes, I agree. The promo show nice preview images of the expressions, but all I see in Parameters tab is text and sliders. Who knows what Concentration 07 is? Is there a way to see the faces? Other expression packages I purchased appear in the Content Library with icons. I don't understand why this one is different.
    Do you really want 220 png files in one folder in your content folders? Sure they are not that large but some people don't have unlimited space for content. I do admit I would like some type of reference image but maybe a HTML that loads from readme or something along those lines would be better.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    barbult said:
    Do you really want 220 png files in one folder in your content folders? Sure they are not that large but some people don't have unlimited space for content. I do admit I would like some type of reference image but maybe a HTML that loads from readme or something along those lines would be better.
    Yes, I do!!! Your file size concern sent me off to calculate. I see the size of the icon for each Mega Mood Expression is about 17 KB. So 220 icons would be under 4 MB. That is smaller than just the one file for the V6 Belle face diffuse texture, which weighs in at 6 MB. So, I'd have to say that, for me, it would be an excellent use of disk space to have icons for the 220 expressions.

So, on the technical side, if I were to create an icon for each expression, do you know how I could make them show up?

edited December 1969

I'll give it a Look tonight if the Forum stays quite. If not I'll give it a look anyway.

edited December 1969

Thanks, Jaderail

edited November 2013

I've not given up on this but I'm not sure I can convert a Morph to a Duf file. That would work. I'll study up more as time allows.

EDIT LOL! To easy no wonder I missed it. Load Genesis of course, Apply the Expression. Now SAVE AS Pose Preset with only the Head selected. They will auto save into Presets> Poses. You will need to Zero Genesis's face Every time between expressions but it is doable. Just center the View on Genesis's head to get a okay Icon. Have fun Converting. You can Move the set to a Different folder or just Save to one you made before you start.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Jaderail said:
    barbult said:

Yes, I do!!! Your file size concern sent me off to calculate. I see the size of the icon for each Mega Mood Expression is about 17 KB. So 220 icons would be under 4 MB. That is smaller than just the one file for the V6 Belle face diffuse texture, which weighs in at 6 MB. So, I'd have to say that, for me, it would be an excellent use of disk space to have icons for the 220 expressions.

So, on the technical side, if I were to create an icon for each expression, do you know how I could make them show up?

One can unzip the .dsf files [so they're in English, 7zip] and find this "icon_large" : ""
    In between the quotes following the colon, paste the exact path to the location [I take it from where the .dsf file is to start with] except one puts the name of the icon [same as for the .dsf file] which must be a .png file. Icon files are kept in the same folder with the .dsf files.

Haven't made mine but that's what I'm thinking to do.

edited December 1969

I was thinking you wanted one click use expressions like Expressive for Genesis. Yes you can add the View Icons to the Parameters like other expressions but as I said I missunderstood the direction that was wanted.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Oh I wasn't sure which way to read the question either ... just my take on it that's all. The idea of making some pose presets is good too. Saw other requests of people wanting such an item as you suggested.