Add some veins - DS 4.6 Optimizing textures loop/Studio unresponsive

ChushaChusha Posts: 39

I've been trying to use the Add some veins product for Genesis and Genesis 2 but I've been getting some extremely odd and random issues with trying to use it.

Issue 1: With any of these options: (WITH lighting)
01 BUMP 25% Strength .05 Positive
02 BUMP 50% Strength .05 Positive
03 BUMP 100% Strength .05 Positive
04 BUMP 25% Strength .4 Positive
05 BUMP 50% Strength .4 Positive
When I go to render a scene the render window pops up and starts optimizing textures, it keeps on optimizing the first 3 textures in a never ending loop, even when left to optimize textures for 4 hours. With nothing rendered nothing is visible. No changes to the skin material in the scene either.
(Without lighting) Scene renders with no changes to the skin materials.

Issue 2: With any of these options:
Load .05 BUMP and Color
Load .4 BUMP and Color
Load Veins Color Only
DAZ Studio becomes unresponsive after loading these options and hangs and freezes randomly. System monitor shows wild fluctuations in CPU utilization ranging from 20 to 80% in a seemingly repetitive cycle.

I am using DAZ Studio 64 bit version 4.6.0.18 Pro on a Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1 on an AMD FX 8150 3.61ghz processor with 16GB ram.

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

There are known issues with LIE-based products in recent versions, but I'm not sure if that is the product's tech base or not. If it is, save with the items in the scene, restart DS, and reopen the scene. Sometimes that fixes the optimizing loop.

• ChushaChusha Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

I went and re-installed the Add some veins product, turns out I fixed issue 1 by installing the M5 texture set first, then the Veins set.

Still have a problem with:

Issue 2: With any of these options:
    Load .05 BUMP and Color
    Load .4 BUMP and Color
    Load Veins Color Only
    DAZ Studio becomes unresponsive after loading these options and hangs and freezes randomly. System monitor shows wild fluctuations in CPU utilization ranging from 20 to 80% in a seemingly repetitive cycle.

However it will render, just produces a white torso and arms texture, and the optimizing images does indeed do its thing, it just gets to image 10 for example and drops back to image 2, then goes up to 15, drops to 6... and does that until all images are optimized.

Kind of weird.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Yep. That's why I've quit using LIE in products. :( I wish I knew of a fix, or why everyone's not having the same problem.

edited November 2013

Yeah, I bought the thing, it would be nice if I could use it.

DS3 was so much easier...

After some basic testing, which included installing DS 4.6 on my Alienware M17x, and some of the same items I've been trying to use I've found that 'lo and behold... it works. I can SEE the veins in the display window. And there is zero system performance impact from what I can tell.

M17x is running:
    Windows 7 Home Premium X64 SP1
    4GB RAM
    GeForce 260m

While I can't install my entire content library (would be 12.45gb over the available disk space) I can't help but wonder if the Add some veins pack uses scripts that don't work well on an AMD platform?

I'll try a few other things too. See if I can mirror the problems on my other AMD rig.

Post edited by Chusha on
    edited December 1969

Ok, so its not a script favoring one processor architecture over another. Rather something with a rather new-ish from scratch DS 4.6 installation on my main rig.

However the same installation process was used on the two other test systems. Anyone have any insights? I'm out of ideas.