[Help] How to save a MAT & MOR as Character preset for a converted figure?

MBuschMBusch Posts: 547

I am trying to convert and old figure, Lovey Bear Re-energized to a TriAx Weight Mapping and save it in the DSON format. That is the easy step. What I am not figuring out is how to save a Character preset after apply some MAT & MOR poser preset. If I load my converted figure and apply an existing MAT & MOR.pz2 preset, it works fine.

So I save this as a Character preset checking Material settings and Shaping settings in the Character Preset Save Options dialog box. When I load the converted figure again and apply the saved Character preset, just the surface settings are applied and the shaping is ignored. Obviously I am missing something when doing the conversion. Can someone help me with the correct workflow?

Thanks in advance.

DAZ_Studio_4.6_Pro_Public_Beta_.png
497 x 714 - 86K
Post edited by MBusch on

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,847
    edited December 1969

The morphs have the wrong content type, they need to be flagged as "Modifier/Shape" before the Character or Shaping presets will record their settings.

You do know that clicking on the "convert figure to weight mapping" is just the tip of the iceberg, as what you get from doing that is actually much worse than the Poser version, figures don't bend any better and in some cases they bend worse, then there's the LAG from the thousands of morph asset files you get when you convert a Poser figure, if people think Genesis is bad for LAG wait till they try the 12k to 20k asset files you get from converting a Gen3 or 4.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    The morphs have the wrong content type, they need to be flagged as "Modifier/Shape" before the Character or Shaping presets will record their settings.

You do know that clicking on the "convert figure to weight mapping" is just the tip of the iceberg, as what you get from doing that is actually much worse than the Poser version, figures don't bend any better and in some cases they bend worse, then there's the LAG from the thousands of morph asset files you get when you convert a Poser figure, if people think Genesis is bad for LAG wait till they try the 12k to 20k asset files you get from converting a Gen3 or 4.

Thank you so much for the answer, this made the trick. Yeah, I know that "convert figure to weight mapping" is not the Holly Graal, but the items which I am converting were very simple and will not be worst than before. Lovely Bear is a very simple figure and I can take the time to learn a little more about the weight map brush and all other tools.