4.6 Can't find content

krakensurfkrakensurf Posts: 26

Hello,

All my content has yellow exclamation marks. When I try to adjust the path, some are found others still fail.
This is really becoming annoying. I've been trying to learn how to use this and it like a whack-a-mole game.
Here's the deal. I CANNOT ALLOW the content to default to the SSD C: drive because I only have enough
storage for my programs. So I have regular HDD to store all my files and content. No matter what I do,
Daz continues to look to the C:

Furthermore 4.6 doesn't have a way to set the base directory (no preference option) globally.

What can I do to stabilize this so I can actually use the program.

Thanks
JS

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Furthermore 4.6 doesn’t have a way to set the base directory (no preference option) globally.

You need to go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, and give DS the path to your content folder. Make sure that you enter the same path for DS Formats AND Poser Formats.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

And if you're using the DIM to install, remember to set its preference to the same location as well. The two programs don't talk to one another to agree on install settings, you have to check that yourself.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

For DIM and DAZ Studio to work together your Paths need to match in both like this....

Capture-002.png
    479 x 463 - 40K
    Capture-001.png
    679 x 538 - 64K
  • krakensurfkrakensurf Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

Wow! Thanks! That worked.

Extremely helpful. I can actually find my content.

Cheers,
    James

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

One last note: those two paths in DIM and D|S don't need to be set to exactly those locations, or even the default locations, they can be anywhere that's an allowed location for program data (e.g. for recent Windows versions, anywhere except in a Programs folder). The only important thing is that they must be exactly the same. This comes in handy if you can't install to your system drive, maybe because it's too small to handle multi-GB of DAZ goodies.