New Users Contest *November 2013* ►►► Entries ONLY Thread ◄◄◄

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited December 2013 in New User Contests and Events

New User's Contest - November

Sponsored by DAZ 3D and IgnisSerpentus

Are you new to the 3D World? Are you at the beginning stages of learning 3D rendering? Have you been around for a little bit but feel you could benefit from some feedback or instruction? Have you

been around awhile and would like to help other members start their creative journey? Well then come and join the fun as we host our newest contest...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

" Texturing and Shaders"

This combined contest is designed to help you when re-texturing an item, using either shaders or jpg textures

Shaders and textures are 2 different ways of creating a new look for your Clothing and/or Props and each has it's uses. As this is a complicated subject we have decided to run the Contest over 2 months, concentrating on Shaders during the first month and textures during the second.

Intent: A New Look to an older product.

Second part for November we are going to concentrate on using Textures on templates

Which product? The choice is yours, of course, but we do recommend that as a first try you use a product that is infinitely variable in how it can be made to look and also easy to work with.

SnowSultan has produced Seam Guide template copies of many UV maps and one of these is the MFD (Morphing Fantasy Dress) which is available to fit most of the DAZ 3D female figures, with the UV maps being shared by almost all of them. It can also, if you are using the Genesis version, be worn by the Genesis male as well :coolsmirk:

The only exception is the MFD for Step Petite, which has unique mapping.

SnowSultan's Seam guide templates can be found here http://www.snowsultan.com/3.html
The MFD Seam Guide Template can be found here http://www.snowsultan.com/seams/mega_mfdseam.gif
And the expansion pack 1 here http://www.snowsultan.com/seams/x1_seams.zip

However what you choose to retexture is really totally up to you. Templates for other Daz 3d Clothing products can often be found on the product page. They are also being added to the product library section, so you should soon be able to find the templates alongside the product in your product library.

I will be checking in on the WIP THREAD as will the rest of the Community Volunteers to try and help with anything you all may need

For a list of the current contest rules, please see this thread :Contest Rules

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When working on your submissions, if you would like to get feedback as you work or before posting your final image, please post your image to the WIP THREAD. People will be popping in to the WIP THREAD to give you some critique and advice on your entry and help along the way.

Please keep all comments on entries etc to the WIP THREAD as well because comments or requests for help/feedback/advice will be removed from the contest thread and merged into the WIP THREAD. This thread is only for posting final contest submissions.

For those veterans of the forums that would like to help, because this contest is designed for the beginner to learn from, we will be randomly selecting posts offering helpful tips and/or critiques to receive a special voucher as well so whether you are a seasoned artist or an aspiring one, there is fun for everyone!

We would like to thank IgnisSerpentus who has graciously decided to sponsor this month’s contest They will be awarding a special prize to the winners of this month’s contest. To view some of IgnisSerpentus items please see their store front here IgnisSerpentus Store

Closing Date: November 30th 2013

Post edited by Jaderail on

Comments

• Mcjam24Mcjam24 Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

Well, here's my entry titled "Wine and Oranges" rendered in Daz Studio 4.6, no postwork, the shirt, skirt, stockings, wineglass, pitcher, and blanket, and oranges all using created maps.

NovemberWIP23.jpg
    800 x 800 - 367K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited November 2013

I gave Albert a whole new outfit....Created the ground in Bryce.....modeled the fence in Bryce....and rendered in Bryce the only post work is my signature...I don't know if I qualify as a new user .....but I have learned a lot from this and had a lot of fun...to me that is what is important...Trish p.s. sorry had to re-size

albert3.jpg
    800 x 509 - 277K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,422
    edited December 1969

This Contest is now closed

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,422
    edited December 1969

Since you both worked so hard we decided to give you both the 1st place prize.

Will you please contact me by PM and let me know the email address associated with your DAZ account and a link to the product from IgnisSerpentus store so the prizes can be added to your account.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Congrats to both of you.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Great work, both of you! And the others who participated in the WIP thread too.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

both congratulations, good job :-)

• TobiasGTobiasG Posts: 447
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners! (I would have posted earlier, but I had some trouble posting to the forum, for some reason)