terrible problem My first Post

239biged239biged Posts: 0

I have just got back to using my Daz program after a small absent. I loaded the Install Manager and new Daz 4.6 Pro bundle. Everything was great. Opened up program and content was clean and organized, still I am thinking this is wonderful.

Went to load genesis Actor. She uploaded as a grey box figure. No big deal I reloaded Daz 4.6. Now this is where it gets scary. First after reinstall. My Icon on desk top went away. Second thing that happened was an Error code and Unable to finish install.

I went to reload again. This time everything loaded. clicked on Icon and got a window that this was not a windows program that windows could open. Reload operating disc.

I reinstalled for the third time and now It want even try to install. It says CHILD KILLED?

Now it want even try to load says it cannot find Daz 4.5. In Install Manager or manual install.

Can someone please tell me what did I do?

Thanks BigEd.

Post edited by 239biged on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322
    edited December 1969

Your issue wasn't the application but the need to have Genesis Starter Essentials correctly installed. As for the errors, as a first step try restarting Windows - it may be that trying to uninstall and reinstall active .dlls is causing a conflict.

• 239biged239biged Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Richard
    Thank You for the fast response. I loaded the Genesis Starter Essentials with Install manager. Was I suppose to do another step?
    I will Try to reboot and try the install when I get back to my computer, which want be till later. I will post results.
    Thanks Big Ed.

edited December 1969

I just rebooted and tried to install again.
    here is what I get when trying to install.

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "DAZ Studio 4.6 (Win 32-bit)" requires that the installed path for "DAZ Studio 4.5 (32-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.
    Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 32-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Photoshop CS6;CS5;CS4 (32-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

Help
    Thank You
    BigEd

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322
    edited December 1969

Do you have Photoshop CS4 or later? if not you can't use the bridge and it won't install. The same is true for GoZ Bridge, which requires ZBrush. As for the path for DAZ Studio, did you at some point manually delete the application folder when uninstalling? You can set paths by clicking the gear icon at top-right in the Install Manager to open preferences, then clicking the Applications tab, and finally clicking the + button to bring up the Add dialogue from which you set the application, its version, and its path of clicking the ... button next to an existing entry to edit it.

edited November 2013

Richard
    Thank you for your help. I was able to get the install to work, I had to go back and install Daz3D studio. 3.1and Daz3D 4.5. After installing these the new Daz 4.6 loaded ok.
    As for the paths, I did find that all the files were going to Document and settings/shared doc. I was looking for the downloads to be where they normally were with the older programs. They use to go to My documents folder.

I have folders all over the place now and old and new files are not working. The Genesis will not load because it can't find the dsf. file? I believe I will have to organize my files manually. I will have to go to some tutorial and find out how to get my files straight. Nothing right now is loading properly. I don't even know how to fine the location of these files. When I look in my library I see files for OBJ. CR2. PZ2. I don't see anything that shows DSF. DUF?

What I would like to do is start clean. Place all my files on a remote storage. Start from a clean slate. Is this possible? Then I can bring files back into the program one at a time and test them.

There was a lot of things I wanted to purchase from the Daz store the last time I used these programs but the program became so problematic that I just quit. This is the reason I am just now getting back to trying to use these programs again after a long absent. I am sure it is my ignorance that is the problem, but I have to get the program working properly before I will order anything that has a cost. I like what I am able to do with these programs when they do work. But if you spend more time trying to work on files rather then working on art, it becomes fruitless and not much fun.

I do not have Photoshop or Zbrush I will have to go get them.

Thanks BigEd

Post edited by 239biged on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you installed with the Install Manager, the easiest thing to do is to uninstall everything with Install Manager, then make sure the install location is set to where you want it and reinstall with Install Manager.

edited December 1969

Mike
    Thank you. I will try this on the new files. But what do I do with the old files that will not load with install manager?
    BigEd

edited December 1969

Older items should still work with Install Manager.

edited December 1969

Mike
    If I have the files in an old file how can install manager help me? I don't know how to place them or have install manager download them.
    Thanks BigEd

edited December 1969

239biged said:
    Mike
    If I have the files in an old file how can install manager help me? I don't know how to place them or have install manager download them.
    Thanks BigEd

If you bought them here they should show up in Install Manager (although a few items haven't been converted to zips yet). Are they in installers or zips?

edited December 1969

Administrator
    I have found most of the installers, I haven't been able to find Genesis install, which is why I keep getting the message (cannot find Genesis dsf. file).

I am making progress with everything else. I believe that I have too many duplicates. I am trying to move all files to a remote drive. Just keeping the working files on computer.

Any help will be great.
    Thanks Biged