Problem with multi screen layout

Monte323Monte323 Posts: 22

I am having an issue with a custom layout. I have a three monitor setup where I use both side monitors for panels and menus. I can set it up fine and have saved it to a custom layout. However when I restart Daz and select my layout, I can see them flashing into position and loading up, but then they all disappear completely no matter how many times I try to load the layout.

I've tried restarting the program, the computer, switching back and forth between layouts, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else encountered this or know what I may be doing wrong.

Many thanks,
Keith

Comments

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

Yep! i get this problem all the time, but he problem gone after upgrade DS to the last release version 4.6.1.17. What version are you using?

• ariocharioch Posts: 165
    edited December 1969

MBusch said:
    Yep! i get this problem all the time, but he problem gone after upgrade DS to the last release version 4.6.1.17. What version are you using?

I'm having the same issue as MBusch. I was running 4.6.0.18 so I updated to 4.6.1.17 and it's still happening.

I can re-add the tabs to new groups, move them back into position, and re-save the workspace. But if I change the layout to something else then re-load my saved layout, the undocked tab groups that I moved off-screen flash briefly then disappear. This only happens to the tab groups on the view I was on when I saved the layout (Actors, Wardrobes, and Props); the undocked tab groups are there when I switch to a different view (Pose & Animate, Lights & Cameras, and Render).

• Monte323Monte323 Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

I am on 4.6.1.17 as well

• Monte323Monte323 Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

Ok, I have found a "solution" to the problem, albeit a ridiculous one. I open Daz, select the layout and it still does the disappearing act described above. I'm on a Mac, so I opened the activity monitor and force quit the program. Then I reopened Daz and the panels are in the proper places across all monitors.

Huge pain, yes, but better than manually placing the panels every time I need the program.