What's the use of bodyMorphs actor?

reko34reko34 Posts: 94
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I found in V4 this actor. It contains all morphs which are already in BODY actor. And in the last part of the CR2, the morphs in BODY are linked to bodyMorphs and vice versa, for example

linkParms BODY:1
DSTStrength
bodyMorphs:1
DSTStrength

linkParms bodyMorphs:1
DSTStrength
BODY:1
DSTStrength

It's really confusing. What's the point of this structure?
I deleted the bodyMorphs actor and tried several morph injections and found nothing wrong. What am I missing?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,093
    edited December 1969

At the time V4 was released Poser did not save settings from the root node (Body) in poses, so this was a work-around to allow people to save Mor poses that had all of the values. Since then Poser has added the ability to save root parameters, so this is now a fossil.

• reko34reko34 Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

Thanks! It's clear for this question.

I just met another one. Could you help me with it too?
    Several channels like MCMA4HipsSpandex are linked to FBMA4AikoBody. Why not integrate them to A4? Is there a difference for them to act as independent morphs?

edited December 1969

Forget the question above. I misread 'valueOpTimes' for 'valueOpDeltaAdd'. By the way, what's the complete name for MCM and JSM? I figured out FBM=Figure Body Morph, FHM=Figure Head Morph, JCM=Joint Control Morph.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Morph Controlled Morph and Joint Smoothing Morph

edited December 1969

The F is for full rather than figure. You will also see PBM and PHM, where P is for partial.

edited December 1969

Thanks both! Finally the basic structure's clear for me. Could someone help me with the few left?

I see DSTStrength is connected with all hidden control props all over the body. When the value is set to -1, the effects from the control props are canceled. But this channel is always hidden. How is it supposed to function and what's its full name?

edited December 1969

Not sure - is it perhaps part of a specific product?