dForce Long Hair -how do I reduce shine?

Hi all,

I'm having fun playing with dforce classic long hair, but I havn't figured a fix for one thing. The hair's so shiny it looks wet or oily. I've played with the shader gloss setting with no success. Does anyone have a solution?

https://www.daz3d.com/classic-long-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-females

Thanks

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited March 2019

what shader does it use, Metal/Rough or Glossy/Specular? Also does it use Dual Lobe Specular and Top Coat too?

Post edited by Szark on
  • culannmacculannmac Posts: 48

Metal/Rough, yes to Dual Lobe (1.0), no to Top Coat

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited March 2019

well it does depend on the settings so I can only say try this a that and these settings are a PITA to get right IMO.

You could just lower the dual lobe Weight but that isn't very realistic

so you could try and increase both the Dual lobe Roughness channels, remember 0 is super glossy and 1.00 it matt

Post edited by Szark on
  • pritam9224pritam9224 Posts: 53

HOW CAN I FIX IT?

I MEAN IT'S SHINING?

PLEASE HELP,I'M A NEWBIE!

• PhatmartinoPhatmartino Posts: 287
    edited May 2021

pritam9224 said:

HOW CAN I FIX IT?

I MEAN IT'S SHINING?

With the dForce Classic Long Hair selected in the Scene Tab, go to the Surfaces Tab and select the Hair there, too (make sure your on the Editor Tab along the top, not Presets)... then scroll down the Parameters to the right of that looking for:

Dual Lobe Specular Reflectivity (Default is 0.75) try turning this most of the way down toward Zero

Specular Lobe 1 Roughness (Default is 0.16) and try turning this up above 0.5 or so

Between the two, by playing around with them in Iray Preview you might be able to get closer to the look you want...

Post edited by Phatmartino on
  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612

phatmartino said:

pritam9224 said:

HOW CAN I FIX IT?

I MEAN IT'S SHINING?

With the dForce Classic Long Hair selected in the Scene Tab, go to the Surfaces Tab and select the Hair there, too (make sure your on the Editor Tab along the top, not Presets)... then scroll down the Parameters to the right of that looking for:

Dual Lobe Specular Reflectivity (Default is 0.75) try turning this most of the way down toward Zero

Specular Lobe 1 Roughness (Default is 0.16) and try turning this up above 0.5 or so

Between the two, by playing around with them in Iray Preview you might be able to get closer to the look you want...

and zero the top coat.
    LOTS of shine comes from there.

• pritam9224pritam9224 Posts: 53
    edited May 2021

phatmartino said:

pritam9224 said:

HOW CAN I FIX IT?

I MEAN IT'S SHINING?

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH THAT WORKED JUST AS I WANTED --- 

THIS FORUM COMMUNITY  IS AWESOME!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on