Importing Daz3d people and clothing into Poser

mmeg9mmeg9 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Sorry, this seems to be a topic that comes up a lot, but I am hoping for some help.

I have Poser 10, and Daz Studio with installer.
And I installed the DSON importer into Poser.

I tried adding the Daz studio library as an external runtime folder in Poser.
The folder linked, but only a few of the files show up in Poser - specifically the items that are installed directly in the My Daz 3D library\Runtime folder.
But the installer put most of the content files into other folders outside of the Runtime, at the same level.

For example, I have the Genesis Victoria 5 and installed it using the Daz installer -
The texture files were installed into My Daz 3D library\Runtime\Textures\Daz
The poses went to My Daz 3D library\People\Genesis\poses
Material files went to My Daz 3D library\People\Genesis\materials
The Character files went to My Daz 3D library\People\Genesis\Characters
Other character files went to My Daz 3D library\data\Daz3d\Genesis

So - some files went into the Runtime, but others went into the People folder and others went to the Data folder.

What should I do to enable Poser to see the files?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Poser will only see the files in the Runtime. There are Python scripts that refer back to the Data folder when you load these items. The other files outside of Runtime are only for DS.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited October 2013

Did you installer the Victoria 5 PoserCF installer (AKA Poser Companion Files, 18.1 MB in size) ? Those are the files (icons/python scripts) that install into your Poser runtime that refers back to the files in the main Victoria 5 installer as fixmypcmike mentioned. Any DSON product that you want to use in Poser needs to have Poser Companion installer. If the product doesn't come with a PoserCF installer, you can generate the Poser Companion Files yourself using Daz Studio 4.

Dimension Theory's DSON Loader allows you to load DSON files directly into Poser from the DS4 Content Libraries without Poser Companion Files.

ScreenShot001.jpg
    767 x 79 - 9K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • kristafeekristafee Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok one more question, the DSON Importer product page says, "Notes This Plug-in requires either Poser 9 or Poser 2012 with SR3 (Or later)." Does that include Poser 10? I've been trying to install some of my DM content into Poser and nothing shows up in the Library files in Poser. I go to the c:...\smithmicro\poser10\content\runtime and I find all the folders there with the props and such, but still nothing shows up in Poser. I see my V4.2/M4 and they don't show up either :/ I installed all the files that were dpc.exe. Should I also install the ds.exe files as well?

Thanks so much for helping out a Poser noob.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,093
    edited December 1969

Yes, 10 is later than 9 and Pro 2014 later than Pro 2012.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

kristafee said:
    Ok one more question, the DSON Importer product page says, "Notes This Plug-in requires either Poser 9 or Poser 2012 with SR3 (Or later)." Does that include Poser 10? I've been trying to install some of my DM content into Poser and nothing shows up in the Library files in Poser. I go to the c:...\smithmicro\poser10\content\runtime and I find all the folders there with the props and such, but still nothing shows up in Poser. I see my V4.2/M4 and they don't show up either :/ I installed all the files that were dpc.exe. Should I also install the ds.exe files as well?

Thanks so much for helping out a Poser noob.

If you extracted the files manually, you need to leave out the folder named "content" -- the default Poser runtime is ...Poser 10\Runtime, so if you have Poser 10\Content\Runtime then Poser won't see it.