UltruMarine Ocean

MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
edited October 2013 in Daz PA Commercial Products

A 360º Ocean Environment with Wave Pattern Lights

Only 5% of the earths oceans have been explored, the rest is up to you! The set includes four separate props, four light presets (including UberEnvironment and a wave pattern gobo), four material presets and eight cameras.

Props: The ocean sphere, sand and water are scalable on X,Y, and Z. They can all be moved individually- build your ocean to a shallow three feet or a mile deep.

Lights: A Tileable wave pattern gobo light allows you to scale the pattern to fit any size scene.

Load the full scene or individual props and lighting for maximum freedom. The sand prop can be used as a beach.

UltruMarine is wide, deep, and is now ready for your next adventure!

View Product Store Page: Ultrumarine Ocean

UltruMarine_Ocean_popup_1.jpg
971 x 521 - 394K
UltruMarine_Ocean_popup_9.jpg
971 x 534 - 481K
UltruMarine_Reflection3_JMarsh.jpg
971 x 492 - 284K
Post edited by Marshian on

Comments

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Exactly what I've been waiting for; instantly purchased and thank you for creating it!

Without having yet had an opportunity to properly test it, can the water be viewed from above to make a visually-compatible surface? I'm thinking in terms of scenes which require one picture above the waves and then another as the viewer 'submerges'.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

I seriously need some diving equipment for G2F .... :)

This is a great set and I am very much looking forward to play with on the weekend :) Thank you for making it!

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

Exactly what I've been waiting for; instantly purchased and thank you for creating it!

Without having yet had an opportunity to properly test it, can the water be viewed from above to make a visually-compatible surface? I'm thinking in terms of scenes which require one picture above the waves and then another as the viewer 'submerges'.

Thanks! Since the water in not just a flat plane - it actually has waves - you could strip out the Diffuse map, increase Opacity to 100% and bump up the Reflection Strength. It could be used from above with some adjustments to material settings.

Just did a test render- You may want to use another light set and sphere/skydome as the ones for this set are meant for underwater.

UltruMarine_Ocean_above.png
    779 x 491 - 465K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Holy!! I missed this. So gonna get this now. TY.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Interesting result! I like hwo the light plays over those surfaces... But you're right, there's something a little bit off about it, when viewed from above. Either way, superb to finally have something which is designed for viewing from beneath. Many, many thanks.

Anyone have some suggestions for a matching 'above water' set?

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited October 2013

Interesting result! I like hwo the light plays over those surfaces... But you're right, there's something a little bit off about it, when viewed from above. Either way, superb to finally have something which is designed for viewing from beneath. Many, many thanks.

I've got one with wave morphs. The shaders from this will combine well with its shaders, too. I just wish I'd been better at rendering back when I published it. ;) http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sy-waters-for-daz-studio/94426

I bought Ultramarine to use with that and our mermaids. It looks like it fills a runtime gap I've had for a while!

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • ZwytZwyt Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

I think what is "off" is the lack of any transparency in the water surface, there is plenty of reflection but no transparency and refraction, that should be fixable I would think by playing around with maybe opacity and reflection/refraction settings. I am somewhat of a noob when it comes to water rendering I just haven't done much of it due to a lack of finding good water based content that plays well with DS.

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

Yeah- with some tweaking the Ocean UnderSurface prop could be used for above water renders but it's kind of like using a lawnmower to trim bushes. This inspiration may lead to another product...thanks for the input!:)

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Got this immediately :cheese: Am a big fan of your UltruViolet but that had nothing to do with it ;-)

• MuzeMuze Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

Oh very nice!