[Solved] Problem with "Fluidos" Install: Getting DS to Show it as Plug-in

TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

Edit: make sure 'plug-ins' checkbox is selected in downloads filter of the DIM.

---

DIM will install the follwing: Data, Props, Readme’s, Runtime, Scenes, Scripts, Shader Presets.  The zip file for "Content" contains the same if not mistaken.

However the PDF tells me to register the product with its SN#.

It does not show under plugins.  

Had a look at where other plug-ins are located: >  C:\DAZStudio4\Plugins

So there are at least two .dll files?

DAZ Doc's show I am probably missing (at a minium)

All of them in its own folder “ABFluidos” or...  64 bit:
/libs/fluidsim.dll
/plugins/abFluidos.dll

I tried the "DAZ Connect method as well.

Tiles show again: scene, prop, script & so on.

Menu bar > Help > About Installed Plug-Ins.  Fluidos not found.

Not required?

Double click on sample scene, “Fluidos Scene 1”

MsgBox: “Some assetts needed to load the file were missing.  The content may not work as expected.  Files from the following product where missing: “Fluidos for DAZ Studio.”

From PDF.  "In theParameters tab of the sphere, as it is parented to the Fluidos domain, there are newparameters, in the FLUIDOS group."

Not found.  Neither is Create > New Fluidos Domain.

Any help greatly appreciated.  Been trying to figure this out for hours.  Time for bed.

Thank you for reading a long post.

Post edited by Tynkere on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441

Make sure Studio is not running when you install it, that prevents the dll's from being installed properly. (I did it twice myself, once for the first release, then figured it out, totally forgot about that when the update came out, went through it all over again)

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited February 2019

Tried your suggestion.

---
    Uninstall from within DS and delete while off-line.  (Product immediately shows as a gray tile.)

DIM ---> 'work offline' doesn’t show “Fluidos” as installed.

Examine ‘cloud’ library and delete by product # just to be sure.  (the .json file doesn’t seem to have anything installed to ‘plug-ins’ folder if that is required.)

Enable wi-fi and reboot.

Run the DIM > enterpassword.  1 product (fluidos) ready for download. (screenshot 1 has package files)

Verify path to My DAZ Library (as opposed to it going to a path for Carrara or something) 
    Verify if it needs path for plug-ins (screenshot 2)
    Verify “Delete Package Once Installed” is not checked.

Let the DIM install.  Open “Installed Files” (screenshot 3)
    Has the same ones I extracted from the manual zip file:  Data, Props, Readme’s, Runtime/support, Runtime/textures, scenes, scripts, Shader Presets.

Close the DIM.

Open DS > Help > About Installed Plug-ins.  ‘Tree’ all of the plug-ins.  “Fluidos” not found.  

Fluidos for DS shows enabled.  Chose ‘Fluidos Scene One’ as part of a tutorial.  MsgBox again.  “Some assets missing, might not work, etc.”

Obviously am missing something.  If it’s like Measure Metrics, it needs something in ‘plug-ins’ to show when DS opens?  At that point I can enter my S/N# and assume it would work?

DIM up to date?  v. 1.2.0.6  | DS 10.0.123

A puzzle.  : /

Thank you for your time in reading.  I have tried to be as detailed as possible.

--Bruce

_01PackageFiles.png
    918 x 1231 - 131K
    _02_PluginPath.png
    1106 x 988 - 69K
    _03InstalledFiles.png
    903 x 1055 - 123K
  • Please remember not to put salient information in the thread title only.

That's the content, not the plug-in. There should be three packages as I recall - the plug-in itself, the content, and the tutorials. You may need to check your Download Filters if the plug-in is not showing up in Ready to Download.

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited February 2019

Sorry.  Will edit title.

If need to do manually, my choices from 'products' page are: "Fluidos for Daz StudioContent" and also the tutorial.

Doesn't seem to be anything in "Content" downlaod that has to do with the plug-in if that makes sense.  Support ticket?  Am out of ideas.

Edit:
     "Plugins' in download filters was not checked.

Thank you very much! yes

• I've tried all these things above.  When I install the three components through the DIM it doesn't seem to "make it" to DAZ.  The files sure do, they are in the correct folder with all my other content.  It doesn't show up in the plugin list. I got a C++ redistributable message initially that said something was already installed - the plugin?

The only files that aren't images or dsx files that are installed are 4 DLL files.  2 in the libs folder and 2 in the plugins folder.  I guess that DAZ doesn't notice them as valid files?  

I see no way to manually install this as it is not on the product page for download.  It only lists the content and the tutorials.

I will try some more things before seeking a refund I guess.  Product doesnt work - or even exist?

4 dll files? There is only one in libs (fluidsim.dll), and one in plugins (abFluidos.dll). The 32-bit and 64-bit have the same filenames, and don't go in the same place anyway.

• brownedave2brownedave2 Posts: 73
    edited March 2019
    NorthOf45 said:

4 dll files? There is only one in libs (fluidsim.dll), and one in plugins (abFluidos.dll). The 32-bit and 64-bit have the same filenames, and don't go in the same place anyway.

Ah, yes it is just 2 DLLS.  my mistake.  There are copies of each in two different folders it seems.  I have 2 drives.  So it is installed in two places, neither of which DAZ seems to want to recognise.

EDIT: sorry if that sounded vague. it's the same place all my content is installed.  

Post edited by brownedave2 on
    edited March 2019

Having them in two places is probably confusing Studio if both are in your library's mapped folders. Install once to the main library with all your other plugins. Make sure Studio is not running when you do it.

Edit: That didn't come out right. They're not in a library, they go in the 64-bit (or 32-bit) software base as defined in DIM settings. Should be C:/Program Files, or wherever DAZ Sudio is installed. The plugins should end up in C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/libs, and C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,412
    NorthOf45 said:

Ah, yes it is just 2 DLLS.  my mistake.  There are copies of each in two different folders it seems.  I have 2 drives.  So it is installed in two places, neither of which DAZ seems to want to recognise.

EDIT: sorry if that sounded vague. it's the same place all my content is installed.  

Could I see snapshoot of the files in your "DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/libs" and "DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins" folders?

• NorthOf45 said:

Having them in two places is probably confusing Studio if both are in your library's mapped folders. Install once to the main library with all your other plugins. Make sure Studio is not running when you do it.

Edit: That didn't come out right. They're not in a library, they go in the 64-bit (or 32-bit) software base as defined in DIM settings. Should be C:/Program Files, or wherever DAZ Sudio is installed. The plugins should end up in C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/libs, and C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins

I'm not sure why it is installing to two different places actually, none of my other files go to the C drive.  I have everything set to go to the D drive.  The Files are getting installed to C/ program files - so, 64 bit base folder.  They are also getting installed to my D drive where all of my content is normally installed.  So I should prevent it from doing this double install so that it only goes onto the C drive?  

I've manually set the install site to be C/program files / DAZ 3d in the DIM now, though I still end up with the files in both locations.  The only mention now of the D drive at all in the DIM occurs in the location of the Manifest at this point.  Not sure what to change other than that.

Worth noting that everytime I go to install I get a messege asking me to repair a C++ redistributable.  

It seems to me that the problem is that the files are all installed and in the right place, but at some point in the chain a pointer is missing.  It is installed to the C drive with no trouble at all, i need to find out why it is still going to the D drive.  Do I need to alter some XML file in the manifest or something?

• brownedave2brownedave2 Posts: 73
    edited March 2019
    Alberto said:
    NorthOf45 said:

Could I see snapshoot of the files in your "DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/libs" and "DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins" folders?

sure thing

I have now tried another plug-in from the store and am having the same issue with installation. so I suspect this a problem with my DIM setup somehow and not to do with this specific plugin.  I'll go from here.

files.jpg
    1215 x 314 - 213K
    Post edited by brownedave2 on
  • NorthOf45 said:

I'm not sure why it is installing to two different places actually, none of my other files go to the C drive.  I have everything set to go to the D drive.  The Files are getting installed to C/ program files - so, 64 bit base folder.  They are also getting installed to my D drive where all of my content is normally installed.  So I should prevent it from doing this double install so that it only goes onto the C drive?  

I've manually set the install site to be C/program files / DAZ 3d in the DIM now, though I still end up with the files in both locations.  The only mention now of the D drive at all in the DIM occurs in the location of the Manifest at this point.  Not sure what to change other than that.

Worth noting that everytime I go to install I get a messege asking me to repair a C++ redistributable.  

It seems to me that the problem is that the files are all installed and in the right place, but at some point in the chain a pointer is missing.  It is installed to the C drive with no trouble at all, i need to find out why it is still going to the D drive.  Do I need to alter some XML file in the manifest or something?

Plug-ins, such as the Fluidos core component, go in the application folder (on your C: drive0, content goes in the content directory you are using. So the two locations are right in principle, as long as the actual paths to the application and to content are correct.

• Got it all working now. I uninstalled Daz, reinstalled.  Works.  Though now the installer is installing 3 seperate instaces of each file.

Files are now going to 

C: ...Program files > Daz 3D .> Daz 3D > DAZStudio4 > plugins

C: ...Program files > Daz 3D .>  DAZStudio4 > plugins

D: ...Daz 3D > DAZStudio4 > plugins

It seems I had my 64 bit base folder set to program files / Daz rather than just program files when I initially installed DAZ.

I've changed that now, though it is still installing to all three locations.

Reinstalled Daz again with the 64 bit folder set properly.  Still installing to three locations though.  :(

Got it all working now. I uninstalled Daz, reinstalled.  Works.  Though now the installer is installing 3 seperate instaces of each file.

Files are now going to 

C: ...Program files > Daz 3D .> Daz 3D > DAZStudio4 > plugins

C: ...Program files > Daz 3D .>  DAZStudio4 > plugins

D: ...Daz 3D > DAZStudio4 > plugins

It seems I had my 64 bit base folder set to program files / Daz rather than just program files when I initially installed DAZ.

I've changed that now, though it is still installing to all three locations.

Reinstalled Daz again with the 64 bit folder set properly.  Still installing to three locations though.  :(

Something in your DIM installation path, maybe.

When you open Daz Studio, where location it launched from?, in this all your plugins must be installed. 

• I've got the same problem, but there's no way I can delete daz and reinstall as I've 500 gb of assets installed, is there an easier way to fix this? I also get the c++ redistribution message, accepted it, followed by an error

runidjurhuus said:

... I also get the c++ redistribution message, accepted it, followed by an error

Don't worry about the error, it's a Microsoft thing. The redistribution has previously been installed in your system and will work fine.