Dystopia City Blocks in Daz

I know that it says that the Dystopia City Blocks prop is for Lightwave 7.0, but is there a way to use it on Daz?

Im new to Daz, so I am not sure what it has in common with Lightwave, if anything.

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

I know that it says that the Dystopia City Blocks prop is for Lightwave 7.0, but is there a way to use it on Daz?

Im new to Daz, so I am not sure what it has in common with Lightwave, if anything.

Thanks for the help!

There used to be a set for poser and daz studio... I don't think you can use these directly.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,437

The first two are free, so you can always try it out. They can be imported, but textures might be tricky. There are other sets of lo-res buildings if that's what you are looking for, like Greeble City Blocks & Utopia Cityscape by Stonemason, and Project Xion, Future Cityscape City Blocks & Density Blocks by Inception8.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    nemesis10 said:

Thanks for the help!

There used to be a set for poser and daz studio... I don't think you can use these directly.

It seems the Poser versions are gone. They're still in my product library from a long ago purchase, but they don't seem to be available anymore.

I would highly recommend Stonemason's Greeble City Block series though...

I know they're expensive at full price. But March is coming. :)

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433

I have the following product packages of the Dystopia City Blocks:

Dystopia City Blocks 031-040 (Poser)
    Dystopia City Blocks 041-050 (Poser)
    Dystopia City Blocks 061-070 (Poser)
    Dystopia City Blocks 051-060 (Poser)
    Dystopia City Blocks 001-010 (Poser)
    Dystopia City Blocks 011-020 (Poser)

The were four more packages for sale at the DAZ 3D store, which I had every intention of buying as soon as I could. Today I went looking for them, and it seems they have been removed! I cannot even find the LightWave version! This apparently means I will not be able to complete my collection, and I so wanted to!

I'd like to know if there is an alternate source I can purchase the remaining packages from? If so, please let me know. I would appreciate links if that is possible.

Thanks in advance.

•  
  • Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,693

Sadly the vendor decided to stop selling his models (which includes the city blocks and the higher detailed sets like Feng's noodles and Hyperion Bar). As far as I know there's no legitimate way to get these now.

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433

Silent Winter said:

Sadly the vendor decided to stop selling his models (which includes the city blocks and the higher detailed sets like Feng's noodles and Hyperion Bar). As far as I know there's no legitimate way to get these now.

I guess I'll have to make do with what I have. I have some of the Greeble City Blocks, but those don't have the flair that the Dystopia City Blocks have.

Now there are some city models made by a vendor named Hermineo Nieves that are quite fantastic. One looks a lot like the city of Andromeda of Stargate Atlantis, and can be used as a space ship like in the later part of the series. As far as I know, Hermineo Nieves' models are free to download.