Cannot Morph Any Models

For some reason there are no morph/ shaping options available on ANY of my figures.

I am unable to change facial expressions and change body shapes. It is very frustrating

When I click on the SHAPING tab, then EDITOR, the morph slider options are not showing up anywhere!

How do I get the morphs back? This has been an issue for several months now and no one has been able to help me.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hi there. I'm new to Daz. I downloaded it once and everything was working fine, once I learned how to use everything. But one day the shaping options (changing the weight of figures and such) just stopped showing up! I click on the shaping tab and it is empty. The solution for other people with this issue is simply clicking on the Editor tab and not the Presets tab. But that is not working either. I cannot shape figures or change facial expressions or anything like that. Please help, and thank you
  • How about the Parameters pane with the figure (rather than a bone) selected? Shaping morphs are under the Actor group. Which figure is it, and which - if any - morph packs do you have?

• Another thing to always double-check is to make sure you have the character selected/highlighted(i.e. Genesis 8 Male, Genesis 8 Female, Aiko 8, etc.) in the top right window/box in the Scene tab before looking for the morphs in the Shaping tab. I always at some point forget about this amidst shaping/posing a specific body part or making adjustments to a different object in the scene and then try to jump back to the base morphs wondering where the heck they disappeared to.

It takes some getting use to, but you have to make sure you have the appropriate element(s) highlighted/selected in the Scene tab in order for the corresponding tools to become available.

• Richard Haseltine Thanks for the reply. I have been selecting the figures all along, and not the bone, and I still am not given any shaping tab options (I should mention that the shaping tab IS there, but I open the tab and there are no options inside of it). The frustration that I have is not being able to change facial expressions or shape the figures. I cannot do this for ANY of the figures. It is not just one figure that I have this problem with, it is the same problem with ALL of them. I cannot shape or change facial expressions on ANY figures at all even though I was able to do so before when I downloaded Daz for the first time (The first time daz was working great, but I had to uninstall it, and upon reinstalling it, this problem arose. Now I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few more times hoping that would solve the problem but it has not)

I have gone in and out of the parameters pane, looking in the shaping tab and clicking on figures and I cant find the shaping options anywhere. Now this may or may not be my problem: I do not understand what morphs are or how they work. I downloaded Daz for the first time and was able to "shape" any figure just fine. I did not do anything special or specific with any morphs. I do not know what a morph is and I do not know how they work or where to get them. So are the shaping options (changing weight, muscles, or skinniness) and changing of facial expressions all a part of a morph that I do not have for some reason after I downloaded Daz the 2nd time?

magog_a4eb71ab Thank you also for your response. Yes, I make extra sure that I have selected a figure before looking in the shaping tab. I click on the figure, it is highlighted, but the shaping tab is still completely empty. The same result happens when I click on one of the figures in the upper right display window (AUX viewport) and the same frustrating result happens I click on the name of the figure in the scene tab on the upper right window. Like I told Richard, I do not know what morphs are, and I did not need to do anything with morphs in order to have these standard shaping options the first time I had Daz downloaded. Since I uninstalled then reinstalled it, those morph options or whatever they are called are gone

• Sorry for the delayed reply. Could you put somw clothes on your figure and post a screenshot, showing the Sceen pane and Parameters pane in particular.

• Sure, thank you

A.png
    1366 x 730 - 231K
  • First, which figures.

1) Are these morphs that come with the figure or morph packs you have purchased?

2) Always start with the figure root selected (Genesis 8 Female at the top of the hierarchy is the root) and then look in the parameters or shapes tab (not sure what you mean you then go into editor). You will likely see categories for realistic, stylized, etc. So it will depend on the type of figure you have.

If you need to show screenshots that include the figure, make sure they are clothed (like a bathing suit) or don't have skin textures on them so the images are not removed.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

threads merged

• Cris Palomino

Thank you so much for your reply. This is what happened: The very first time that I dowloaded Daz onto my PC, there were the basic options for shaping the figures (ANY figure, female or male). Those options that came with the Genesis 2, Gen 3, and Gen 8 males and females were free.

I was able to change facial expressions and body shape without problems. Those morphs were available in the shaping tab without ANY purchases. I did not need to buy any morph packs. I had eveything I needed with the base characters.

Then, all the shaping options were GONE a couple weeks later. 

No morphing options available for ANY figure at all. Yes, I go to the parameters like the tutorials say and it is completely empty. No one else seems to have this same problem.

I dont know if I somehow did something wrong with a file at some point, Im not sure. All I know is that the morphs and shaping options that were available with the basic Genesis characters that I got for free are not available to me anymore.

Is there any reason why this could have happened? Thank you so much

• mr_oziomr_ozio Posts: 0

I have the same problem. Everything was OK at the beginning, but couple days after - the same thing happened. I can't change facial expression, can't change body shape to any figure. I tried to Reset defaults in Preferences -> Interface, but nothing changes. :(

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,257

mr_ozio said:

I have the same problem. Everything was OK at the beginning, but couple days after - the same thing happened. I can't change facial expression, can't change body shape to any figure. I tried to Reset defaults in Preferences -> Interface, but nothing changes. :(

Make sure that you have the proper tool selected, like the pointer tool.