Rendering problems

Hi,

I have some issues with the rendering of some scenes. When I use some models, like Murphy HD, my renderings leave many blank pixels. I joined a jpeg file to show you the result.
I've tried to modify the render settings, but it didn't change anything (probably I didn't modify the right settings...)
My graphics card is a Gigabyte GTX 1060 and my CPU a Intel i5-9600K LGA1151 3.7 Ghz/9M.

If someone could help me to improve my renders, it would be much appreciated.

Murphy.jpg
700 x 910 - 193K

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

How long did you let it render?

• and how is the scene lit, and is it in an enclosed space like a room?

• I let it render till the end, it lasted maybe 1 hour and a half...

• If it lasted two hours that would be the initial maximum time. What was the convergence ratio at the end (check the log file, Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File)?

• I've tried another render for the same result. The rendering was a little shorter than I thought : 1 h 5 min. The end of the log file is :

2019-02-07 01:01:04.997 Iray VERBOSE - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: 95.02% of image converged
    2019-02-07 01:01:05.044 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Received update to 01605 iterations after 3795.633s.
    2019-02-07 01:01:05.044 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Convergence threshold reached.

• Then the lighting is bad or some other issue is resulting in the render to come out so bad. What lighting are you using? 

• On this particular exemple, I used the lights by default. As I am a beginner in Daz3D, I'm not used to change and organize the lighting yet :)

If it may help, there are some warning infos appearing at multiple times in the log file :

2019-02-06 23:57:18.800 WARNING: general\dzmorphdeltas.cpp(342): Invalid vert count specified in DzMorphDeltas::setTargetVertexCount()

2019-02-06 23:57:48.400 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0
    2019-02-06 23:57:49.321 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(307): Iray WARNING - module:category(MATCNV:RENDER):   1.0   MATCNV rend warn : At 'DS_Neko Hair Genesis 8 Female__Side2_aea_220.volume.absorption_coefficient': unsupported function call: 'operator/(color,float)'

• I really don't understand how the attached image could be 95% converged, even allowing for the background pixels.

The error messages are mostly not relevant - the only one that might matter is the last, though since it seems to be an issue with handling the hair sahder I don't think it would account for the skin being that noisy.

• Yes, it seems the skin of Murphy is the problem here. I get sometimes a few blank pixels with models like Amira or Andrea, but not so much...

• punkypunky Posts: 25

Did you change her skin materials? If not, she comes with a legacy skin preset to fix some rendering issues. Give that one a try. 

Another thing to try out would be to turn draw dome on in the environment rendersettings.

I had this issue sometimes with nail materials, changing their sss settings from chromatic to mono in the surfaces pane did help.

• Thank you very much Punky : I followed your advice, and it worked !

Thanks all of you for your time !

• Hi, I am using Daz 4.10 pro. I recently  just could not open the render setting pane. Anyone could help? Thanks.

• You could try reloading your layout (Window>Workspace>Select Layout) or, if you don't want to lose the rest of the layout, you could see if it's been dragged off-screen: Window>Off Screen Pane(Tabs) Groups... will bring any panes that have been dragged off-screen back to the centre.

• thank you. I tried both way, but I still could not open the render setting pane. I tried to re-install the program, but still the same. I could see the tiny tag, and the render and the render editor work, only the setting window does not  pop up.

• oh, it works! it only appear in somewhere. Oh, thank you very much. You save me!

• edited May 2020
    halfhalf said:

Hi,

I have some issues with the rendering of some scenes. When I use some models, like Murphy HD, my renderings leave many blank pixels. I joined a jpeg file to show you the result.
    I've tried to modify the render settings, but it didn't change anything (probably I didn't modify the right settings...)
    My graphics card is a Gigabyte GTX 1060 and my CPU a Intel i5-9600K LGA1151 3.7 Ghz/9M.

If someone could help me to improve my renders, it would be much appreciated.

I have this Daz app on my daughter's HP 690-0024 "gaming system".  She was no longer able to render anything after the latest upgrade. For about $1000 I thought it was a good deal for her.  Alas after research I discovered that the current release of Daz pretty much requires a Dforce card with a minimum of 4MB. I bought that. Yet, her system only had 8 MB of RAM. Again I purchased a GTX 1670 (?)... with 4MB, but with CUDA cores (Nvidea proprietary) ...still no dice. I then shelled out about $160 for 32 MB Crucial Ram. Problem resolved. My kid's is almost like mine. Her creativity thrives.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on