La Femme in DS

Night Owl 3DNight Owl 3D Posts: 113
edited February 2019 in The Commons

I have admired the work of La Femme's creators for many years and was intrigued by the new free figure offered by RPubllishing.  Wanting to see if La Femme was at all usable in DS, this is what I discovered.  Fitting clothing was a problem until I converted her to Triax weight.  After that, only minor translate, scale and arm adjustments were needed for the fit.  The hair auto-fitted almost perfectly.  Here La Femme is wearing Liv Hair and dForce BG Dress for G8F.  Most of the the G2F poses that I have tried produced acceptable results with little or no adjustment.

LaFemme1Sm.jpg
793 x 1500 - 446K
LaFemme2Sm.jpg
793 x 1500 - 729K
Post edited by Night Owl 3D on

Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,452

thats good to know. Havd you tried any of the morphs yet? 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,308

I imagine that she does not bend very well, as I am pretty sure all the custom weight maps and jcm's set up for use in Poser would be lost during the conversion.

• While I am glad that there are choices in the market, I simply can not get over the feet. The little (pinky?) toe looks like it was grafted in as an afterthought. I will give credit where it's due to all the talent behind this new release for Poser and I am sure that it will continue to evolve and cure that weird toe issue.

Just my $0.02, however...

Omen

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004

Thanks for posting this, I was wondering about using her in DS.

• Night Owl 3DNight Owl 3D Posts: 113
    edited February 2019
    daveso said:

From what I can tell, the morphs don't even show up in DS after they are injected.  When I try injecting the morphs in Poser Pro 2012, it crashes every time.

Omen, you are right about shape of the toes although I'm sure they bend better in Poser 11.  

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562
    BornTechy said:
    daveso said:

When I try injecting the morphs in Poser Pro 2010, it crashes every time.

From the product description:

Poser 11 or higher required. La Femme uses features that are only available with Poser 11 and later. 

• Thanks, folks, for testing this in DS. I wonder if there would be any advantage to using this character in DS rather than a Genesis character, given that it was designed for specific Poser features.  It seems similar to the previous situation of using Genesis characters in Poser. Is it worth the trouble?

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,308

Thanks, folks, for testing this in DS. I wonder if there would be any advantage to using this character in DS rather than a Genesis character, given that it was designed for specific Poser features.  It seems similar to the previous situation of using Genesis characters in Poser. Is it worth the trouble?

Almost certainly not. Where possible, it is normally best to use a figure specifically designed for the software it is being used in. Not only will this figure bend badily in DS, it also has a tiny percentage of the content that Genesis has (although that may change), ie skins, clothes, morphs etc. You will also be missing auto fit, and all the other utilities needed to put old content on a new figure.

• I never had any illusions that La Femme would perform in DS at all, much less take advantage of features that the Genesis line enjoys.  My curiosity frequently takes over when I find out that any resources are limited to certain software, figures, render environments, etc.  I enjoy getting things to work in situations that they weren't designed to work in, if only to a small degree.  So no, there are not any advantages to using the figure in DS unless you enjoy turning knobs and pulling levers to see what will come out the other side. I better be careful, it's that kind of thinking that got me into this hobby many years ago. Now I'm off to run a dForce simulation on a maple tree.  smiley

• CauriBCauriB Posts: 101

She works in DAZ studio quite well, I used the "Binary Morph Editor" tool to combine her morphs, now they work in DAZ. Not everything works, heavy bending gives ugly distorsions, but she works better than other figures made for Poser. In my render she wears an Optitex Dress ( Little Black Dress) for V4, and Mitsu Hair for Genesis, pose is also for Genesis.

LaFemme.jpg
    1024 x 1657 - 476K
  • Night Owl 3DNight Owl 3D Posts: 113
    edited February 2019
    CauriB said:

She works in DAZ studio quite well, I used the "Binary Morph Editor" tool to combine her morphs, now they work in DAZ. Not everything works, heavy bending gives ugly distorsions, but she works better than other figures made for Poser. In my render she wears an Optitex Dress ( Little Black Dress) for V4, and Mitsu Hair for Genesis, pose is also for Genesis.

Binary Morph Editor? by D3D?  Nice job!

• CauriBCauriB Posts: 101
    BornTechy said:
    CauriB said:

Binary Morph Editor? by D3D?  Nice job!

Yes, not sure if it still available, thanks!

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,767
    edited February 2019
    Havos said:

Thanks, folks, for testing this in DS. I wonder if there would be any advantage to using this character in DS rather than a Genesis character, given that it was designed for specific Poser features.  It seems similar to the previous situation of using Genesis characters in Poser. Is it worth the trouble?

Almost certainly not. Where possible, it is normally best to use a figure specifically designed for the software it is being used in. Not only will this figure bend badily in DS, it also has a tiny percentage of the content that Genesis has (although that may change), ie skins, clothes, morphs etc. You will also be missing auto fit, and all the other utilities needed to put old content on a new figure.

Blackhearted is a talented creator but he does have a certain
     fetish type (petite, slightly muscular fitness models)
     and rarely veers far from it.wink

If that is your "thing" it is easily acheived in  mere seconds with 
    any G2,G3,G8 model and the fitness/bodybuilder morphs in Daz studio.

He did leave the free base version rather smooth and undefined
    to give Character vendors a more blank pallet for creating other shapes

However I agree with others, in the view that there are ZERO compelling reasons
    to shoehorn this figure into Daz studio.cool

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893
    wolf359 said:

Blackhearted is a talented creator but he does have a certain  fetish type (petite, slightly muscular fitness models)

That's not a fetish, my dude. It's just a preference. A fetish is a turn-on for something that isn't usually seen as sexually attractive or erotic. /pedantic mode  

If anything, I think Blackhearted may have something of a foot fetish, since this figure apparently has the most advanced tootsie toes ever. laugh

• I really do love the body shape of the Femme Fatale HD Morphs

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,335

I saw LaFemme renders at Rendo and elsewhere, but I doubt the figure has Daz quality. The wrists look strange, and in BornTechy's (nicely done!) render I can see that in DS at least feet and toes bend worse than even V4. But maybe, if people like her face, these are minor problems. Being a spoilt Daz brat, I'm not too excited about her. Just my personal opinion.

• I agree with Caravelle , some of her does not look natural to me , her wrists ,ankels , feet, knees and mouth for some reason don't look right to me, i do like the HD morph promo look of the rest her body .

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,486

And the "Whys?" have it. There's no reason why to bother with this figure unless you are a strictly Poser user IMHO.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,050
    Greybro said:

There's no reason why to bother with this figure unless you are a strictly Poser user IMHO.

As for any figure, the "why" is simply "to have more options".

• ...... if the mountain is there someone's going to try and climb it .....

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

There are always more options. However there is a difference between "more" options and "better options".

Leana said:
    Greybro said:

There's no reason why to bother with this figure unless you are a strictly Poser user IMHO.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

...... if the mountain is there someone's going to try and climb it .....

So true hon.  It's always been the way in this community.  LOL! 

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,486
    fastbike1 said:

There are always more options. However there is a difference between "more" options and "better options".

Leana said:
    Greybro said:

This, Lord Yes!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited February 2019

Deleted; I had nothing good to say.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,594

As an ex poser user for years I am thrilled to see poser only users get a new figure and by a talented group of developers. I loved the girl next door for V4 and still use her morph on G8 and you can see lots of the same style on the new figure.

I thought about reinstalling poser 11 and giving her a try, but I haven't seen anything that would make it better for my projects than what i have with G8 and trying to get her to work in DS is just a waste of my time since she is designed to work in poser, so why bother IMO, let the poser users enjoy their sucess.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,767

It is good that the poser loyalists have taken matter into their own hands
    regarding trying to  revive the poser content market with a supported figure
    that has the official approval of  Smith Micro.

As a Daz genesis content developer myself ,I am having a hard time imagining any of 
    the current Daz PA's going back to creating poser content just for that one figure.

It would be like expecting Android&IOS developers to suddenly start
    developing for the blackberry because one third party cobbled a sleek, sexy
    new blackberry phone.cheeky

This is where people often get confused ,I see poser users often state
    they "tried Daz studio and hated the interface etc"so they are sticking with poser.

However not a single one of them are content producers.

And in a market where there is alot of consumers depending on a 
    small number of  producers
    The producers determine which platform will be supported. 

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

...I loved the girl next door for V4 and still use her morph on G8 and you can see lots of the same style on the new figure.

Was this via the Gen X or X2 product to early Genesis, and then forward to G8 using Clones and such?  I loved that morph, as well.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,594
    edited February 2019
    3dOutlaw said:

...I loved the girl next door for V4 and still use her morph on G8 and you can see lots of the same style on the new figure.

Was this via the Gen X or X2 product to early Genesis, and then forward to G8 using Clones and such?  I loved that morph, as well.

GenX to G3 and then I tried one of the latter copies of the script from Singular Blues before it was pulled to transfer it to G8.

Here is 100% GF8 GND body with a few morph adjustments

gndposing.jpg
    1038 x 1440 - 1M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited February 2019

...... if the mountain is there someone's going to try and climb it .....

...I had to do it when there was no Gen4 teen or kid.

leela child of war toon.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 970K
    Pout.jpg
    600 x 600 - 70K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • DripDrip Posts: 1,142

The only thing I still try to figure out: why didn't they attempt to make a figure that's truely compatible with both Daz and Poser. Even if it's done as a set of morphs and/or clones for the G8F.

Not only would that give them two currently divided markets to cater, but it could eventually lead to interchangability of morphs and outfits between DS and Poser, even if only for their specific figure. The breach between Daz and Poser has run for long enough, and I have no doubt that it slowed the development of rendering as both an art and a hobby.