Camera from 3ds Max to Daz

Hello everyone:

Does anyone know how to import a camera created in 3ds Max into Daz? I've done the other way around, Daz to Max, and it works fine, but can't do it from max to Daz.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I´ve managed to bring a 3ds Max camera to Daz. You just have to create (inside max) a standard camera (not physicall camera) and then export it via Collada, making sure you select "Z-up" in "Axis conversion", in the Collada export menu.

Then you have your camera in DAZ with the same location, rotation, etc... BUT, the only problem is you have to play with the focal lens in DAZ to make it match with Max´s one.  Mostly by trial and error.

• I´ve managed to bring a 3ds Max camera to Daz. You just have to create (inside max) a standard camera (not physicall camera) and then export it via Collada, making sure you select "Z-up" in "Axis conversion", in the Collada export menu.

Then you have your camera in DAZ with the same location, rotation, etc... BUT, the only problem is you have to play with the focal lens in DAZ to make it match with Max´s one.  Mostly by trial and error.

yeah this works ..thanks...what i would add is that max can give you the camera info in its own properties so its just a case of pumping in the same focal length and image proportions to get an exact match...easy!!

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited August 2020

That's freaking useful. Thanks a lot !

Though... in Max I set up Lens (mm) and FOV (deg)

Not sure what both those values correspond to in DAZ ? 

I tried copy pasting in DAZ those Lens and FOV values but I can't seem to get the exact same result ?

What Lens (mm) and FOV (deg) correspond to in DAZ's Camera Parameters please ?

Post edited by hansolocambo on