Maxx HD Mega Pack for The Brute 8 [Commercial]

SotoSoto Posts: 1,438
edited January 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Maxx HD Mega Pack for The Brute 8

My new character is out now!

This is my biggest product so far, and I´m very happy with the results :D I hope you have fun with him and enjoy all the stuff I included with him. :)

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• Oh I was hoping there would be a thread for him. I love his look, I love the promo images, and I'm shocked at how much is included in the pack. I haven't had a chance to do any proper renders yet (and nothing I could show here anyway), but was super excited when I saw him in the store. Great work!

And I noticed the tattoos and skin tone first which I was most excited about, but looking closer I really appreciate the freckles as well!

Quick question, where are the hand wraps from? Or was that just something you were working on and used in the promos?

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,801

Holy Cannelloni, that's one sexy mofo of a character! Fantastic job

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565

Looks very much like a character I was going to try to dial up and texture for a story - this will save me a ton of work! I will have to buy this. I too would very much like to know which hand wraps those are,as this character is supposed to have handwraps like that (though leather, but I can use a different material shader easily enough). Are you listening in on my brain? wink

• Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554

Wow, fantastic work!

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Awesome!!! Been wanting a character like this for some time. Well Done!!!

• Can anyone show him without the Brute? I love his skin and hair but do not have The Brute

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,318

Out of the box renders with the Brute dialed out

maxxnobrute1.png
    849 x 1200 - 725K
    maxx nobrutehead.png
    849 x 1200 - 973K
  • MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,990

It's a GREAT Add-on!! Love it! thanks!!! Instant buy for me!

• Thank you for Maxx- Instapurchase for me. :)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

Thank you! Wonderful product, and I'm exploring it all. Great item. =-)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,897

First render!

Maxx Player.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 336K
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,559

Beautiful !

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Quite a professional sounding voice & write-up in that video. Video looks great too.

• timsw6timsw6 Posts: 39

Love this product! Thank you Soto for all your detailed work.

tt.jpg
    1200 x 473 - 219K
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,897

Mixed Maxx with my Oolong figure...

Maxlong Chilling.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,734

I love to see someone swinging for the fences (or in this case, taking it to the Maxx). Bravo! Superior promo animation, too.

Why isn't there an image link for it on the product page?

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Insta-buy. As I said in The Commons, "Hellboy. Male figure. No brainer." A minute from now, he'll be in my viewport, on the way to something special, I'm sure.

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 820
    edited January 2019

Excellent work, Hellboy. He was a nice surprise this morning. Grabbed him without hesitation. :)

Oso3D said:

Mixed Maxx with my Oolong figure...

Fantastic, Will. I like the combo of those two.

Post edited by ZippyGuitar on
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,441

The dreaded question:  Will he render in 3DL if I use a converter on him, or will his tats and tan lines not work?  Amazing character, especially love the freckles and tats!

• Yup. Instabuy! 

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Awesome character!  I usually sit and think if i really need to purchase but this one was an insta buy for me the minute I saw him, he's fantastic Hellboy and so much included with him, thank you !

The dreaded question:  Will he render in 3DL if I use a converter on him, or will his tats and tan lines not work?  Amazing character, especially love the freckles and tats!

@Faeofthe3rdDimension , I'm testing him for you now. I was able to convert him to 3Delight materials using the RSSY Iray to 3Delight product. His freckles are part of the skin texture, so those are preserved and, I assume, will show up depending on the lighting. The tattoos and tan lines were lost in the conversion. However, I was able to add them back in using the Layered Image Editor. I'm rendering now. I have yet to test/convert the wet skin materials.

I am no expert on 3Delight. I was finally figuring out how to light a scene properly, depending on AoA's Ambient Light product, when Iray showed up in the 4.8 beta, (which I now use almost exclusively.)  I think if I can make this work, anyone who primarily uses 3DL won't have any problems. I'll post some renders in a bit.

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438
    edited January 2019

Thank you very much for the comments! :D

The hand wraps are a freebie from DeviantArt. Will show up easily googling "Genesis hand wraps Deviant" :)

Have fun!

Post edited by Soto on
    L'Adair said:

@Faeofthe3rdDimension , I'm testing him for you now. I was able to convert him to 3Delight materials using the RSSY Iray to 3Delight product. His freckles are part of the skin texture, so those are preserved and, I assume, will show up depending on the lighting. The tattoos and tan lines were lost in the conversion. However, I was able to add them back in using the Layered Image Editor. I'm rendering now. I have yet to test/convert the wet skin materials.

I am no expert on 3Delight. I was finally figuring out how to light a scene properly, depending on AoA's Ambient Light product, when Iray showed up in the 4.8 beta, (which I now use almost exclusively.)  I think if I can make this work, anyone who primarily uses 3DL won't have any problems. I'll post some renders in a bit.

You are honestly one of the sweetest persons I have ever met online!  You've helped me out with so many things, thank you so much!  I hope he works ok, those tattoos are so amazing, and his face is just so darn cute! ^_^

edited January 2019
    L'Adair said:

You are honestly one of the sweetest persons I have ever met online!  You've helped me out with so many things, thank you so much!  I hope he works ok, those tattoos are so amazing, and his face is just so darn cute! ^_^

Thank you. blush

Here are some test renders. To get a semblance of consistency, I used the same lights for both Iray and 3DL, two spots and one distant light, turning off Photometric when I switched to the 3Delight render engine. (The lighting doesn't do Maxx justice in either render engine!) First is a render of Maxx in Iray.

Test 01 Iray Two Spotlights And A Distantlight, L'Adair

The next image is Maxx in 3Delight.

Test 06 3DL, RSSY Conversion Tan Lines & Tats Added Using LIE, L'Adair

I didn't notice until doing the head shot that Maxx's eyelashes were hidden and the conversion made the default lashes visible. Consequently, he looks like he has eyeliner in this image. The Tats and Tan Lines were added in the respective material zones by opening the Diffuse image in the Layered Image Editor, adding a black layer for the tattoos, and a white layer for the tan lines. A mask layer was added to each and the mask file was loaded from Maxx's textures folder. Tats are at 70% Multiplicative on the legs, and 80% Multiplicative on the shoulder and arm. Tan Lines are 25% Alpha Channel Blend. I should think it would be easy to darken Maxx's skin by adding a touch of color to the Diffuse Color setting.

And finally, I turned down the intensity of the lights and did a closeup.

Test 07 3DL Close Up, L'Adair

One more thing that i didn't notice until doing the closeup. The pupil's Diffuse Color was white. You'll need to set that to black, or add back in the eye texture. I used photoshop to put the black back in the pupils, but that's the only post work I did, besides adding a background. These are not great images, but they show that you should be able to get your money's worth out of the package, even using 3DL. To save yourself some time later, be sure and save your LIE images, I recommend a sub-folder off Maxx's texture folder. Load the saved files into the Diffuse setting of the appropriate material zones and save a material preset. That way you don't have to do the work over and over again.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

In the Pro-Mo Pictures for the Product, one of the  images says "4 anatomical elements morphs." (1) I would like to know what this means. Gens, right. But usually two morphs at most are provided, circumcised and uncircumcised. What are the 4 for? (2) Also, once I know what this means, can these morphs be used on other Genesis 8 characters? I would guess "yes," but I'd like to know before I buy. (3) Again, are these morphs independent of the skin textures? That is, can I use a morph on another character without using Max's texture? (4) I'm guessing that I can use Max's skin texture and the various shaders on other characters, is this correct? The Pro-Mo Pictures say "Custom Skin Shade Layer  Set a New Skin Color On Top Without Messing Several Options to Achieve It 15 Presets Included." (5) Now, can this Custom Skin Shade Layer be used on other Genesis 8 male characters who have skins that are not Max's? Or, is this available only for the Max skin texture? 

I don't have the Brute, but I'm really tempted to buy this product. Still, I need to know more.

edited January 2019
    inquire said:

In the Pro-Mo Pictures for the Product, one of the  images says "4 anatomical elements morphs." (1) I would like to know what this means. Gens, right. But usually two morphs at most are provided, circumcised and uncircumcised. What are the 4 for? (2) Also, once I know what this means, can these morphs be used on other Genesis 8 characters? I would guess "yes," but I'd like to know before I buy. (3) Again, are these morphs independent of the skin textures? That is, can I use a morph on another character without using Max's texture? (4) I'm guessing that I can use Max's skin texture and the various shaders on other characters, is this correct? The Pro-Mo Pictures say "Custom Skin Shade Layer  Set a New Skin Color On Top Without Messing Several Options to Achieve It 15 Presets Included." (5) Now, can this Custom Skin Shade Layer be used on other Genesis 8 male characters who have skins that are not Max's? Or, is this available only for the Max skin texture? 

I don't have the Brute, but I'm really tempted to buy this product. Still, I need to know more.

G3/G8 male anatomical elements come with circumsized/uncircumsized morphs. Maxx has his own set of morphs:

Maxx Gens Morphs Screenshot

As you can see, other PAs are giving additional options for the gens, as well.

Any morph saved with the anatomical elements may be used on any character, although they may not work as well on characters they weren't designed for. Morphs are independent of textures. As long as a G8 male character has materials for the gens, that material can be used with the morphs. All G8 figures use the Base UV sets, allowing materials for any character to be applied to any G8 figure of the same sex. (And with G8 UV Swap, they can also be applied to characters of the opposite sex.),

The Maxx !Skin Shade Instructions state, among other things,: "… If you are using this layer with other characters, if is suggested to load their diffuse maps here." Here being the Skin Shades Color setting. You'll find these additional settings in the Surfaces->Editor for the various skin material zones. I haven't tried to do anything with them yet. And I'm pretty sure you'll need to apply Maxx's materials to another figure to get the custom layered skin shader.

Don't forget, Daz has a 30-day return policy. If you purchase Maxx and don't like him, you can return him. (I don't think you will, though. But it's nice to know one has the option.)

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • SotoSoto Posts: 1,438

The 4 Anatomical Element morphs are:

• Maxx Foreskin HD: A custom HD uncircumcised morph. Less tight
    • Maxx HD Details: adds custom HD detail
    • Maxx Pulled: A "mid" morph to go between circumcised and uncircumciced
    • Maxx Scale: The Brute (and Maxx) uses body scale. The default Anatomical Elements does not scale automatically. This help you adjust the size

They were sculpted to the default Anatomical Elements. So they totally work on all characters. The morphs are not dependant or related to Maxx textures in any way.

The custom layer can be applied to other characters, yes. The only layer that would need (optional) manual adjustment would be Skin Shades. Because it uses the Diffuse Maps of the current character for the detail. Think of this like when you tint the base color, except usually most of the color comes from translucency and SSS. Using the Skin Shades Layer makes it a one step only. Now, you could just leave the default settings which loads with Maxx Textures since the shades are intended to be used at low levels, so Maxx details would be on top of your character, but hardly visible (could be interesting as well). But if you want to be accurate with your character, yes, change the Skin Shades maps and use the diffuse maps of your character instead.

Hope this answers your questions :)

L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

Thank you. blush

Here are some test renders. To get a semblance of consistency, I used the same lights for both Iray and 3DL, two spots and one distant light, turning off Photometric when I switched to the 3Delight render engine. (The lighting doesn't do Maxx justice in either render engine!) First is a render of Maxx in Iray.

Test 01 Iray Two Spotlights And A Distantlight, L'Adair

The next image is Maxx in 3Delight.

Test 06 3DL, RSSY Conversion Tan Lines & Tats Added Using LIE, L'Adair

I didn't notice until doing the head shot that Maxx's eyelashes were hidden and the conversion made the default lashes visible. Consequently, he looks like he has eyeliner in this image. The Tats and Tan Lines were added in the respective material zones by opening the Diffuse image in the Layered Image Editor, adding a black layer for the tattoos, and a white layer for the tan lines. A mask layer was added to each and the mask file was loaded from Maxx's textures folder. Tats are at 70% Multiplicative on the legs, and 80% Multiplicative on the shoulder and arm. Tan Lines are 25% Alpha Channel Blend. I should think it would be easy to darken Maxx's skin by adding a touch of color to the Diffuse Color setting.

And finally, I turned down the intensity of the lights and did a closeup.

Test 07 3DL Close Up, L'Adair

One more thing that i didn't notice until doing the closeup. The pupil's Diffuse Color was white. You'll need to set that to black, or add back in the eye texture. I used photoshop to put the black back in the pupils, but that's the only post work I did, besides adding a background. These are not great images, but they show that you should be able to get your money's worth out of the package, even using 3DL. To save yourself some time later, be sure and save your LIE images, I recommend a sub-folder off Maxx's texture folder. Load the saved files into the Diffuse setting of the appropriate material zones and save a material preset. That way you don't have to do the work over and over again.

Thank you so much, now I know I can use him!  I'll have to save for him, but I'll definately be bringing this awesome guy to my runtime as soon as I can.  You're the best! ^_^

I'm happy I could help. laugh