NFXstudios Summer Camp Now Available! [Commercial]

Collective3dCollective3d Posts: 446
edited October 2013 in Daz PA Commercial Products

With the Farmhouse being released today, I thought I would throw out a little coming attraction for my next set, the NFXstudios Summer Camp.

This one will be coming fully furnished, but I wouldn't want to send my kids here for the summer. Rumor has it a deranged maniac is still living somewhere in the abandoned camp. Just in time for Halloween!

What does everyone think?

popup_2.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 734K
Post edited by Collective3d on

Comments

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

I like it.
    Looks cool.

Please make sure it's compatible with Poser and older versions of Daz.
    This will make it compatible with Carrara too.
    In other words an obj version.

Much better than a DUF only version.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Oh, wow now that does look very useful. So a 2nd vote for a poser version please, if it is at all possible.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited October 2013

And by Summer camp you mean Murder Camp, right?. :gulp:

/looks around for the Crystal Lake sign

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • Collective3dCollective3d Posts: 446
    edited December 1969

I can't vouch for what does or does not happen at the camp when I'm not present, but here is one more teaser shot :)

popup_1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

LOL nice!

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited December 1969

That's looking nice. Can't wait to see the inside:)

edited December 1969

I have a sneaking suspicion you'll be seeing it soon :)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

Neat. Has potential too as a post apocalyptic survival shelter.

edited December 1969

The Summer Camp is now available! Head on over and have a look!

NFXstudios Summer Camp

Time to bust out those super spooky renders!

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited October 2013

I bought it. I tried it in Daz 4.6. There is no Poser version. Just so you know, it sucked all my memory up so bad, I couldn't even rotate the camera, so I still don't know how it looks. I have 4 gigs of RAM too. It freezes up and nothing moves, for a long time, then the camera jumps to where ever I turned it to, which I don't know because it doesn't move while you rotate the camera, so it could jump way off to the side, and you have to use the center button to get it back to default position. I have bought tons of models in my 10 years of modeling, but this one model, a single file, absolutely drains my memory. I can not use it at all. So sad, for such a cool model. Maybe if you broke it up into parts, folks could choose what they want to load. As is, I can't use it at all. Sorry.

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

4 gigs of RAM is not a lot, but I did test it quite successfully on a 5 year old dual core laptop with 4 gigs and an old Radeon mobile video card.

Can you post the rest of your system specs?

If you haven't tried it already, you may want to turn down your viewport texture quality and anti-aliasing, which will conserve resources without impacting your renders.

Hope that helps.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited October 2013

j.zyla said:
    4 gigs of RAM is not a lot, but I did test it quite successfully on a 5 year old dual core laptop with 4 gigs and an old Radeon mobile video card.

Can you post the rest of your system specs?

If you haven't tried it already, you may want to turn down your viewport texture quality and anti-aliasing, which will conserve resources without impacting your renders.

Hope that helps.

That's ok...I am returning it. Most folks here can not afford huge monster memory pooters, so maybe you could adjust the model to fit their needs, not make them reduce texture qualities and adjust their systems to fit yours. Thats asking too much for something I paid for. I remember when Baston released his "Our Neighborhood" model. It did the same thing for many, way too big a file, so HE broke it down into seperated segments and re-released the files to the folks who bought it from him at no charge. He adjusted it, and it worked quite well after that for all. Just think about it and I am sure many will be happy if you do. Also maybe consider a Poser version for all these nice folks asking for one. Sorry it didn't work out.

Like tsarist said above....."Please make sure it's compatible with Poser and older versions of Daz." which it is neither.

:-)

Post edited by music2u4u on
  • nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Yes, it is kind of slow. But this one I did on my cheap new laptop. 4 gigs, used Age of Armor's Advanced Ambient light. In Daz Studio. Took a few minutes, but worth it. I like it. Thank you.

Title: "Good morning, Sir. Would you like to order some cookies?"

Cookie_Monster.png
    932 x 570 - 936K