Genesis 8 to Michael 4, because M4 base will not install

Hello everyone. It's been 4+ years since I have played around with DAZ Studio and any other graphics programs. I'm very pleased with the improvements in the software and the new products.

Most of my products are around the Michael / Victoria 4 era.

I've been looking for body morphs to allow Genesis 8 to match Michael 4, but have not found what I'm seeking.

My goal is to conform my existing Michael / Victoria 4 skeletons to Genesis 8 as it seems I am unable to install the Michael 4 base (it's in my Content Library window, but will not install).

Thanks

Comments

• You don't need to match the shape to use Michael 4 content on a Genesis, you just need an AutoFit clone. Genesis has a Micahel 4 clone, and Genesis 8 Male has a Genesis clone, so what you can do is fit the Michael 4 item to Genesis, selecting Michael 4 as the original figure, then fit that to Genesis 8 Male, selecting Genesis as the original figure. This does remove any custom bones, and may produce unwanted distortion, but in most cases it works well.

However, you certainly should be able to install Michael 4 in the current version of DS. How are you installing, and where are you looking for the figure?

• buck415buck415 Posts: 57
    edited December 2018

Hi Richard.

I have attempted installation through two methods (and please pardon my vocabulary as it has been years since I have used the software and products):

1) Connect > Logged In, Content Library > Michael 4 Base (also Michael 4 Pro Bundle) > Right-Click > Install (Screenshot on Google Drive is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SGGfdlHSBrm0SjWOI5ccfIcUPV5WoleI/view?usp=sharing )

2) DAZ Install Manager  (64-bit) 1.2.0.6. (Note: A new path to the installation directory was added to the desired content area.)

The supporting products install, such as poses and maps, it's just the base that is not installing.

I'm on a Windows machine running Windows 10, most current version with all updates.

UPDATE:

Currently scanning all drives to determine if it installed elsewhere. Update to follow.

- Submitted report to Tech Support. Inspected manual downloads of M4 base & pro bundle. Files are missing in the pro bundle. Not sure about the M4 base issue, will resolve with tech support.

Thank you

Post edited by buck415 on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

I'm not certain, but I didn't think older gen4 content like M4 would install using connect. I would try to use DIM to install poser-era content.

• No, Michael 4 (and the other fourth generation figures, or other figures usingf the ExP system) cannot be installed via Connect - uninstall that version and the DIM version should then work.

• If memory serves, Michael 4 Base had to be installed somewhere into the program installation directory of Daz Studio. Perhaps that is my problem?

Now that I'm using DS 4.10 Pro on Windows 10, what directory path should I install Michael 4 Base into using DAZ Installation Manager?

(Note: I have looked into Program Files > DAZ 3D > DAZStudio4 and have not seen anything resembling a Runtime folder where the files might be pointed to)

• Having given this great thought, it's not worth my time to get M4 to work. I'll just move forward with Genesis 8.

Thank you very much for your effort and your time.

Have a great weekend and happy holidays.

• buck415 said:

If memory serves, Michael 4 Base had to be installed somewhere into the program installation directory of Daz Studio. Perhaps that is my problem?

No, it goes in your content diectory like all other content

buck415 said:

Now that I'm using DS 4.10 Pro on Windows 10, what directory path should I install Michael 4 Base into using DAZ Installation Manager?

The one you isntall the rst of your content to.

• JR_angelJR_angel Posts: 3

Well. It's been a long time, but I had to solve the same issue.

I loaded both Michael 4 original figure and a Genesis 8 base figure. Then, I selected Legacy UVs Prepare Genesis 8. Now, it's the hard part. I manually copied and pasted each surface from Michael 4 to Genesis 8. When some adjustments were need, I runned Legacy UVs apply Michael 4 UVs. 

And finally, the parts added to the genesis structures shoul be completed selecting Legacy UV Geographics. You have to try to fit the best textures.

Good Luck

• Please give the figure some undewear, at least.