Maybe I use Bryce wrongly and frustrate myself unnecessary, but maybe you can help me out!

1st - I am working on a scene but everytime I want to test out if a certain object is placed correctly, I can only see this going through the whole rendering process! In my current scene it takes +- 1 and half hours for complete render!  For testing and checking this is most frustrating and time consuming.  Are there any other ways to do a quick render to check your progress?

2nd - The view control (from top view to any other views) it seems works randomly. Or am I using this wrongly?  Yesterday, it skipped some views and repeat other views a multitude times but not taking me for instance to top view I wanted to be in. Is there a specific way to get to the view, i.e. top view, you want to use other than go through all? If it was not doing this randomly I would not mind, but it can get really frustrating at times.

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,210
    edited December 2018

1) Are your Render Options set to a higher quality than you need for a quick render? Try "Default (No AnitiAliasing)" for a quick look at where you objects are. (Plus of course the little preview box in the top-left corner may be enough to get an idea)

2) Press the "2" key and that should take you straight to top view, "3" gives a side view, "4" a front view. "1" goes back to the camera

ETA: I expect Horo has a full list of shortcuts on his website (see his signature in his post in almost any Bryce-related thread!)

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • launoklaunok Posts: 793

@MelanieL - thank you for your help smiley.  I have then to set the quality to that of quick render.  Thank you for the short-cuts.  I have Horo's shortcuts list somewhere.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 2018

Try switching these off for a fast preview. The left one switches the materials off, the right one is a faster rendered preview of the scene

Untitled.jpg
    198 x 437 - 29K
    Post edited by StuartB on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

You can do a spot render to render just a tiny part of the view, which will be a lot faster than rendering the entire thing.  And if you are just checking placement, you may not need to render the entire objecting being placed, you might be able to just render a thin strip that cuts across the middle of the object if you just want to see how bright/dark lighting will be or if it is in front or behind some other object, etc.  I often render just a quarter-inch wide strip across the screen and then another down, maybe covering the border area where two objects intersect or where a shadow might be just to quick check it.