2d picture files

Where are they stored in Bryce 6, with the .brc file or with the .lst file?  I can't get them to populate the 2d picture library between different .brc files.  When I try to open the list the .lst files in the library, they don't show up.  Not much turns up on net searches for this. 

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,262

mcgrathfx - what are brc files? I looked over all versions of Bryce I've installed from 4 up to 7.1. There are no brc files.

• If I remeber correctly, ,brc files are Bryce 1&2 scene file, and was unsupported since B4.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

If you go to the file open command from the left hand menu  and then look to the type of file to open in the drop down list on the open screen you wil see the Bryce 1&2 .brc command right at the bottom.

• Thanks everyone for the quick replies - my mistake,  I was referring to the .br6 scene files as .brc (from my old Bryce 2).  As far as I can tell it looks like any 2D texture (picture) in a scene are saved with the .br6 scene file because they are not automatically available to other .br6 scene files unlike other library content.  I found the default 2D texture.lst file which has Leo and the moon which must load with each "new" document but only the 2d picture actually used in the saved .br6 scene file returns to the 2D texture library when the .br6 scene fil is reloaded.  I played around with the "open list" and "save list" command in the 2D texture library but it still is confusing compared to the other libraries.  Any info would be appreciated.  Haven't tried Bryce 7 yet.  Thanks you.