Light Intensity to Wattage?

SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

Ok here is one for the experts, how do we know what light intensity in percentage terms is in wattage terms? Can we in 3Delight via the Shader Mixer set up say a point ight will realsitc wattage and fall off. Example 1 candle power 10 - 12 lux being 1 Lumen pre square foot or say a 60w GLS light bulb.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,943
    edited December 1969

You'd have to combine colour and percentage anyway, but really if you want that kind of control you should feature request IES (I think that's the acronym) lights - DAZ added them to Carrara so it should have the information, assuming 3Deluight could handle them.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Thanks Ricahrd but I thought IES were only for how the lights look in terms of spread and has nothing to do with Intensities and Fall Off? But if I am wrong then yes I will put in a feature request.

edited December 1969

Yes Richard IES seems to be the way to go. It does have information on luminous flux and intensity, my bad..

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

Or we could ask one of the Lux-plugin guys (Reality or Luxus, or...) to give us IES controllers: LuxRender can already render 'em.

http://www.luxrender.net/wiki/LuxRender_Lighting

edited December 1969

Yeah I have used Lux and IES recently but an interesting idea though.

• SphericLabsSphericLabs Posts: 598
    edited December 1969

Or we could ask one of the Lux-plugin guys (Reality or Luxus, or...) to give us IES controllers: LuxRender can already render 'em.

http://www.luxrender.net/wiki/LuxRender_Lighting

Whenever supported by LuxRender lights in Luxus are in watts.

IES are supported on Area Lights in Luxus.

ss1.png
    607 x 535 - 40K
    edited December 1969

Thanks SphericLabs

I was asking whether we could get an IES function for 3Delight. I have used the Luxus IES and it works great.

• SphericLabsSphericLabs Posts: 598
    edited December 1969

Oops. One of these days I will learn to read. :)

edited December 1969

hey it is no problem adding that info I just thought I would mention what I would like in DS4.6+ since Carrara has IES too.