Looking for Bryce site, but forgot name :(

launoklaunok Posts: 793
edited December 2018 in Bryce Discussion

Gosh, I sometimes wants to kick myself ... bad memory!

There was a site with various Bryce materials which I have downloaded from some time ago.  The thing is I don't want to go through all my DVD's to look these mats up but need some of them to try out in a project.  I thought the site will be the best way to quickly look them up.  But I forgot site's name.  This is, if site still exists.  I thought it was bryce.com but such site is bringing up something else.  The name "Bryce" if I remember was in top left corner.  

All how I can describe it, was that the materials was in categories and uploaded by different people.  I can remember Horo and David Brinnen also had uploads there. There was some descriptions underneath each material (each has it's own image) ... and you need to be logged in to download I think, not sure though. There was some snow mats, Even fog, condensation, even straw (as for rondavel roofs), fire, rain, etc.

Maybe this is to search for a needle in a haystack.  Otherwise I just have to go back to DVD's.

Post edited by launok on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,262

launok - you may look at http://www.bryce5.com/, enter the Gallery and under the Categories secont from top at right Material X-Change (.MAT)

• launoklaunok Posts: 793

Wow, Horo - just by looking at the link and you mention Material X-Change I remember that it is that.  I will go and visit it now and put the link in my favourites.  Thank you! laugh

Glad I could help you.

• 3dcal3dcal Posts: 178

Hello Horo!

I've been away for too long. I just tried to get into Bryce5.com, but it timed out.(?)

Hope all is well & good for you, David, et al. 

Be safe, 
    Cal 

Hey Cal, nice to see you back.

edited December 2018

Your store, "Horo's" loads quickly. smiley 

But this is what I get when I try to access Bryce5.com.  sad 

"This site can’t be reached
    bryce5.com took too long to respond.
    Search Google for bryce 5"

Post edited by 3dcal on

I got that message with Internet Explorer 11, but it works with FireFox 64, Firefox Quantum, Waterfox 56.2.5 and Chrome 70.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Works on FF 63 as well,  and I notice you have a Discord server now,   what's that all about?

edited December 2018

Oh that was the idea to replace or enhance the forum but I think I'm the only one registered apart from Nights4r, the owner. The site calmed down very much, many regulars don't visit it anymore. At irregular intervals I have to remove spammers from the forum, but that nuisance has calmed down as well.

Strange it works with all my browsers except MSIE 11 - but to vote for the challenge, only that darn MSIE 11 works for me and none of the other browsers. Fishy fishy.

Post edited by Horo on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Horo said:

Oh that was the idea to replace or enhance the forum but I think I'm the only one registered apart from Nights4r, the owner. The site calmed down very much, many regulars don't visit it anymore. At irregular intervals I have to remove spammers from the forum, but that nuisance has calmed down as well.

Strange it works with all my browsers except MSIE 11 - but to vote for the challenge, only that darn MSIE 11 works for me and none of the other browsers. Fishy fishy.

Very strange.     As we all seem to have gone over to discord maybe we can encourage some of our regulars here to drop in for a chat.

edited December 2018

I just updated & tried with Fire Fox Quantum 64, and still does not load. frown

BTW, my default browser is Chrome 71. 

Must be something local, but can't imagine what.....no messages about blocking or warnings, 

Post edited by 3dcal on
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

3dcal.

Are you trying http://www.bryce5.com or http://www.bryce5.com/index.php

Both work for me with IE11 and FF Quantum 60.0.1 64bit.

Hi Stuart, 

both return the same ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT  after ~30 sec. 

This is the first time I've ever had this problem with any site. 

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

Oh ok. That's weird.

edited December 2018

I found a YouTube video that says to change from automatically detecting to proxy server......but it didn't work.

Hopefully it is a temporary problem that will resolve itsself. 

Here's what you need to do:

1. Go to Search, type internet options, and open Internet Options.
    2. Go to Connections tab, and then to LAN Settings.
    3. Uncheck Automatically Detect Settings, and Use Proxy Server for your LAN.
    4. Restart your computer.

Oct 30, 2017

Post edited by 3dcal on

Ok, found a workaround. smiley

Go to https://www.proxysite.com/ ; and type in Bryce5.com. yes

• launoklaunok Posts: 793

Hi, on Chrome I have no issues to get into Bryce5.com  ....  only thing is when I  want to download a material it say 'this site can't be reached' momentarilly, then all of a sudden the download pops up and that page dissappears and I can download.  Not sure why that page shows up everytime.  Maybe an internal error but at least I get downloads of mats.