GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS part 3

1272829303133»

Comments

• launoklaunok Posts: 793
    edited April 29

DollyGirl said:

launok, all you have to do is double click on the exe and decide where you want to put the file that is extracted. I put the exe in a directory on my C drive called tempcontent. The exe seems to be like the old exe files that DAZ used to deliver content. Nothing fancy.

Thankyou for this.  I will look into it.

But now I am running into another problem.  I have installed Bryce 7 today after some years not using it.  It shows it's installed under Settings = Apps and features.  I restarted my laptop.

It's not showing under DAZD on Start up that it's installed.  In the past it was working on my laptop.  I have after the installation process entered finish so it should be here.  Also under Program files, both 32 and 64 bit there is no folder for Bryce.  I use 64 bit laptop.  I can't understand why not as it shows today's date the file is under settings!  I am old and can't think anymore.  Hopefully Peter and I will figure this out during Skype.  So frustrating! 

Need to ask in Bryce forums also.

Post edited by launok on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,410

launok said:

@Faeryl Womyn  -  I think you worked together with Peter from FA

Yup that's me lol 

Faeryl Womyn said:

launok said:

@Faeryl Womyn  -  I think you worked together with Peter from FA

Yup that's me lol 

We are together as a team some years and this is how I know.  Small world we are living in. :)

launok said:

DollyGirl said:

launok, all you have to do is double click on the exe and decide where you want to put the file that is extracted. I put the exe in a directory on my C drive called tempcontent. The exe seems to be like the old exe files that DAZ used to deliver content. Nothing fancy.

Thankyou for this.  I will look into it.

But now I am running into another problem.  I have installed Bryce 7 today after some years not using it.  It shows it's installed under Settings = Apps and features.  I restarted my laptop.

It's not showing under DAZD on Start up that it's installed.  In the past it was working on my laptop.  I have after the installation process entered finish so it should be here.  Also under Program files, both 32 and 64 bit there is no folder for Bryce.  I use 64 bit laptop.  I can't understand why not as it shows today's date the file is under settings!  I am old and can't think anymore.  Hopefully Peter and I will figure this out during Skype.  So frustrating! 

Need to ask in Bryce forums also.

Happily all is sorted as Peter showed me that not all was installed correctly.  I am 68 and old age affecting me big time! 

edited May 2

richardandtracy said:

Just trying to think how this would have worked. Was it one prop or two? Basically trying to think of the number of morphs that might be needed. Also, what were the basic dimensions you are looking for? Unless otherwise specified I'd probably go for two props. One straight, one curved. Straight 100cm long, tube diameter 20cm. Curved might be more difficult. May have to be rigged and weight mapped. Would be an interesting learning experience. Regards, Richard

Richard,

Here is something I tried on a dingfont in Daz Studio with a set of pipes I downloaded at Sketchfab.  It's fast done and not perfect.  I need to get something for this triangles still on the roof for "lights" effect.  I downloaded Bryce also now and can try the primitives there.  This was all done physically in Daz Studio with font at back.

It was take some time and I didn't do it quite correct as I used too many small pipes and should scaled some more longer.

Regards,

Laura

NEON ON FONT TRY 1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 280K
    NEON ON FONT TRY 2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 370K
    Post edited by launok on
  • lukon100lukon100 Posts: 777

launok said:

Good day,

I am not a modeler and even simple things as tubes I can't make as I struggle with Blender.

A long time back I found in Sketchup warehouse a set of tubes but now I can't find it anymore as I think it was a French name.  I have no idea where I stored it.  It was exported as obj.

The tubes was straight, long and short, bended/curve (long and short).  I used it in this image some years ago in Bryce to make a neon signage by putting all the parts together.

It's very frustrating when one lost things and have no idea where it is stored, especially another name as tubes.

I want to make neon signs by putting all the parts together.  The tubes don't have fancy border ends so one can move it exacty in place.  The "balls" on image was done with Bryce meta ball option I think.  I am not using Bryce anymore, only Daz Studio for renders.

I use only freebies.  Is there anyone who can make such parts to use and give it away for free?  Searching don't help me.

Besides items from Spacebones, there is also this morphing torus from MarcPoser. It looks like you could make lots of neon sign stuff with it. I myself have not tried it. But it might work for you: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/84312/super-torus-derived-primitives

And check out MarcPoser's other morphable primative too.

lukon100 said:

launok said:

Good day,

I am not a modeler and even simple things as tubes I can't make as I struggle with Blender.

A long time back I found in Sketchup warehouse a set of tubes but now I can't find it anymore as I think it was a French name.  I have no idea where I stored it.  It was exported as obj.

The tubes was straight, long and short, bended/curve (long and short).  I used it in this image some years ago in Bryce to make a neon signage by putting all the parts together.

It's very frustrating when one lost things and have no idea where it is stored, especially another name as tubes.

I want to make neon signs by putting all the parts together.  The tubes don't have fancy border ends so one can move it exacty in place.  The "balls" on image was done with Bryce meta ball option I think.  I am not using Bryce anymore, only Daz Studio for renders.

I use only freebies.  Is there anyone who can make such parts to use and give it away for free?  Searching don't help me.

Besides items from Spacebones, there is also this morphing torus from MarcPoser. It looks like you could make lots of neon sign stuff with it. I myself have not tried it. But it might work for you: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/84312/super-torus-derived-primitives

And check out MarcPoser's other morphable primative too.

Lukon, thank you for these and the other stuff by Marc.  There are great morphable items there. 

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 777

richardandtracy said:

Just trying to think how this would have worked. Was it one prop or two? Basically trying to think of the number of morphs that might be needed. Also, what were the basic dimensions you are looking for? Unless otherwise specified I'd probably go for two props. One straight, one curved. Straight 100cm long, tube diameter 20cm. Curved might be more difficult. May have to be rigged and weight mapped. Would be an interesting learning experience. Regards, Richard.

Well, since MarcPoser already did it, you can download theirs and study how it was done: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/84312/super-torus-derived-primitives