Bryce on Mac

Is anyone using bryce succesfully on a Mac in OS12+? If so how?

I know it stopped OS ±10.6.

Comments

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,270
    edited December 2018

I tried installing it on a new machine that shipped with Mojave. 

The Bitrock installer runs (I'd already installed the Legacy JavaSE runtime on the Mac. That helps with some older software, evidently the installer is one of them). The splash screen opens and it asks for the serial #. I feed it my serial # and it crashes. Every time. Can't get beyond that screen.

If it ran in a trial mode I'd have a better idea as to whether it will run at all. But it doesn't seem to be built for that.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

Some people run a Windows partition, some run a Snow Leapord Server partition... Both work.

I just keep an old MacBook with 10.6 just for Bryce.

I bought it off eBay for £150 and worth every penny to be able to keep using Bryce.

• edited December 2018

Hi there

Can anyone tell me what this screenshot means? Knowing my luck it won't even load but I'm in the Material Lab part of Bryce and suddenly thing has appeared... it looks like a dialog box about the size of a postage stamp with Bryce 7.1 in the title bar and nothing else - hitting ESC and/or return won't do anything. All I'm doing is altering a texture on an object and this appears.... I cannae seem to make it go away beyond force-quitting the app and having to recreate everything from scratch.

I'm running Bryce 7 Pro on Mac 10,9 under windows emulation.

I am SERIOUSLY upset at DAZ for letting Bryce die out on their watch!

Mod Edit :- To remove the profanity

Post edited by Chohole on
  • JOdel said:

I tried installing it on a new machine that shipped with Mojave. 

The Bitrock installer runs (I'd already installed the Legacy JavaSE runtime on the Mac. That helps with some older software, evidently the installer is one of them). The splash screen opens and it asks for the serial #. I feed it my serial # and it crashes. Every time. Can't get beyond that screen.

If it ran in a trial mode I'd have a better idea as to whether it will run at all. But it doesn't seem to be built for that.

The same! 

65 / 5.000

Risultati della traduzione

I purchased the software but does not accept the data provided by daz ... 65 / 5.000

Risultati della traduzione

Schermata 2022-01-17 alle 10.54.09.png
    984 x 604 - 199K