Texture Changes

Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 855
edited December 2018 in Bryce Discussion

I am working on the picture below and I am facing a problem, which I cannot solve. The texture of the top part of her dungarees does suddenly change. In the beginning everything seems okay, but after saving the scene the texture has changed. However when opened in DTE, the correct texture is still available (see picture below). I tried everything I know which might help in such situations. I smoothed the mesh, I set the object "positive" and I resized the physical size of the origin material from 6000 down to 4096. But you've guessed it most probably, nothing worked.

With all characters and clothes I have imported till now this is the first clothing cannot get to work properly. I am using a Genesis 8 character with a clothing called "3 in 1 Dungarees for Genesis 3 & Genesis 8 Female", product ID 45689. Any ideas are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BTW The sample picture is rendered in TA with 16 rpp only.

sadsong.jpg
749 x 1000 - 722K
sadsong_DTE.jpg
635 x 507 - 66K
Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

Comments

• You may have more than 1 image. I'll explain.

It's been a while so bear with me as I try to recall and explain what might be happening.

Imagine we have two images, Image A and Image B

In this scenario you loaded Image A into the Image Editor, exited the image editor into the Mterial alb, and made firther edits.

Then you decide you want to change the image you loaded (Image A) with another image, as Image B

If you do not remove Image A before loading image B on top of it, you will find that the next time you load the material from the library both images will have been saved and only 1 of them is being used, quite possibly the one you were no longer intending to use. Is this making any sense?

I don't knwo why I thought this was a bug that was addressed some time ago, but I could well be wrong.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 855
    edited December 2018

Thank you Rashad for your answer.

I think, I've understood what you explained, but I'm afraid it also happens, when I do not change any material at all. I just import the character, render it and save it, add a plant e.g. render it again. Still everything looks fine. Add more items and suddenly a few renders later the texture changes. And from this moment on I am not able to set this picture based texture back to its previous correct state.

It looks like, that only the average color of the material is calculated and used. I assume it because I loaded another texture a much darker from the original material library of the Dungarees and during rendering the new darker color appeared but still without the typical structure of the jeans cloth which the legs still show.

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

I'd be tempted to get the figure looking right on it's own first and then put it in the Object Library. Then set the rest of the scene up and add the figure back in from the Library last.

I don't know what exactly goes on when you put stuff in the library, but it does seem to make some sort of difference with those "odd" problems.