Renders stay semi-transparent

Ulysses0302Ulysses0302 Posts: 15

I never encountered this issue before but it happened twice now in different files but with the same render settings. The render stays partly translucent which you can clearly see when it is put into Photoshop on top of the checkered background. It's not the entire render but just a part of it with a sharp cut between opaque and translucent part. I attached an example of how it looks in PS.
I can fix the issue by duplicating the layer in PS so that I get the result as it should be but it's kind of annoying so I wondered if someone had a suggestion as to what might have happened all of a sudden. I used the same settings for countless pictures before that.

Transparency Issue.jpg
564 x 497 - 216K
Post edited by Ulysses0302 on

Comments

• The only thing I can think of (and I'm fairly sure it's a case of This Shouldn't Happen™) is some weird layer interaction between the image data and the alpha layer. In PS, is there anything unexpected in the Layers Palette? (I think it's the Layers Palette, it's been a while since I last used PS).

Which image format did you save the render in? If it wasn't .psd what happens if you do and load that into Photoshop?

• Ulysses0302Ulysses0302 Posts: 15
    edited December 2018

The only thing I can think of (and I'm fairly sure it's a case of This Shouldn't Happen™) is some weird layer interaction between the image data and the alpha layer. In PS, is there anything unexpected in the Layers Palette? (I think it's the Layers Palette, it's been a while since I last used PS).

Which image format did you save the render in? If it wasn't .psd what happens if you do and load that into Photoshop?

I saved the render as PNG but it already looks like this in Daz Studio. I only put it into PS to make the issue more visible for posting it here. The problem originates in Daz and I can't tell why. As far as I can tell there is nothing unexpected in PS. I was rather sick the past days and didn't get to render anything but I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens. I thought it was a one off thing but since it happened with two files now...

Post edited by Ulysses0302 on
  • JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

There was a similar thread last week ( Top portion of render faint? ). For them the fix was just to close and re-open Studio. It was also indicated that the problem could be caused with multiple GPUs rendering the scene at the same time.

• JonnyRay said:

There was a similar thread last week ( Top portion of render faint? ). For them the fix was just to close and re-open Studio. It was also indicated that the problem could be caused with multiple GPUs rendering the scene at the same time.

Ah, thank you! I totally missed that one. Yeah, after I was forced to take a break from rendering for a week, I just went back and tried a new render. Worked like a charm. I guess it really is one of those issues which can be fixed by "switching off and on again".

• i have sometime the same issue . Sometime i have to close/reopen several times it can be very annoying .

How can i make sure that only one GPU at a time is working on renders ?i mean how do i set the "render settings" to be sure ?

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718
    edited April 2022

I have had the same issue several times. It's happening now. I've already restarted. The whole image is semi-transpartent. I'm just going to duplicate the layer in photoshop until it's showing solid. I can't contemplate restarting again only for it to be the same.

Post edited by AbnerK on
  • RL_MediaRL_Media Posts: 339

Does it look like that in photo viewer too? I was having these kinds of issues recently as well, but it's weird. If I have no layer behind, it looks see through in photoshop. You can see checker a lot. If I put a stupid color in a layer behind, there is not bleed through of that color like the checkerboard is bleeding through. Also it looks normal in image viewer and in firefox.

• M-CM-C Posts: 104

I´ve had similar transparency issues happening with spectral rendering enabled. Turning it off got rid of it so it definitely was the culprit in my case.
    But I never found out what exactly is happening to produce this "error".