LipSync 'TALKBACK_COULD_NOT_LOAD_SOUND_ERR' - [SOLVED]

I've been doing some lip syncing in DAZ, and just came up against a problem I haven't had before.

After opening the Lip Sync pane, loading the sound file, the clicking the 'Analyze' button, I get this error:

Dz Mimic Error

Mimic encountered a problem.

See the log file for details.

Checking the log file shows this:

Mimic TalkBack analysis error: TALKBACK_COULD_NOT_LOAD_SOUND_ERR: could not open the specified sound file [file doesn't exist or is locked]

The file itself is in .wav format, same as every other sound-file I've used without issue. The Lip Sync pane still shows the name of the file at the top.

Does anyone have any ideas about what the issue here might be and how to correct it?

Post edited by baphomet_37_a1bc462f3f on

Comments

• Never mind - I just loaded the sound file into Audacity and exported it out again, and the re-exported version works fine. Not sure why, but with such an easy fix I suppose it doesn't matter.

• tam_c3df5332fctam_c3df5332fc Posts: 107
    edited August 2023

When I tried the re-exporting file suggestion using Audacity, sometimes it would work on some files but not others.

At first, I thought it was because the files that it worked on, which were recorded using Pro Tools and, the files that it did not work on, which were recorded using Cubase, but then I discovered that the bounced files from Pro Tools were exported at 44.1 Hz and the Cubase files were exported as 192 Hz.

Once I changed the Cubase exported waves to 44.1 Hz, then all of them have worked so far. Thank you @baphomet_37_a1bc462f3f without your suggestion, I would have lost for who knows how long.

Post edited by tam_c3df5332fc on