are yoo a thread killer?

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602

...there is a city named Ulm in Germany.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,739

kyoto kid said:

And I'm studying German 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,903
    edited April 22

why can't searching Google, Reddit, Quora etc give me answers to any of my questions?

Should I ask Gemini or Bard or will they make [stuff] up?

If you die while having a hot shower, will your flesh disolve and go down the drain if you fall without blocking it?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,518

WendyLuvsCatz said:

why can't searching Google, Reddit, Quora etc give me answers to any of my questions?

If you die while having a hot shower, will your flesh disolve and go down the drain if you fall without blocking it?

We can't find out because nobody wants to pay the bill for the water. 

Hey!  How did the container of pencils get here?  Hmmm. Since I am the only one in the house, I must have moved it and forgot I moved it?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,026

Bwahhahhah! Not dead yet!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,247

NylonGirl said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Never mind the water bill, how long would the water even stay hot?

Gordig said:

NylonGirl said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Never mind the water bill, how long would the water even stay hot?

with my continuous flow gas heater, as long as it ran while adding to the gas bill too

• Where I live, the city people would come around to see what was up. When we were refilling the pool a year or two ago, they came by to ask about the water usage.

edited April 28

...I find it interesting that here in Portland OR where it rains quite frequently between mid October and late May. water bills are ridiculously expensive.  Same for electric bills (which just went up this year again) as most is no longer hydroelectric like it used to be. . What is really frustrating is if you opt for power generated by renewable sources (like from wind farms and/or solar) it is a premium on your bill instead of a discount. 

Hmm, coming up on pg 100 and the impending end of the thread Misty started five and a half years ago.

Really miss her.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

I miss Misty, too.

And McGyver. 

she still shows as a member so have to assume still on this earth but I am worried how she is since her last post she was going to hospital for her heart issues

I sincerely hope she is just deciding not to frequent the forum etc

would prefer that to the alternative

Mc Gyver I know is Adsense Adverse and as you see from my sigline I don't blame him, my browsers holding them at bay for now but I too will be off if AdBlocking fails me

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,175

WendyLuvsCatz said:

she still shows as a member so have to assume still on this earth

not wioshing to be a downer, but I think she had at least one or two additonal years by purchasing discounted memberships in sales, and as long as there was money in the payment method the auto-renewal would work anyway.

but I am worried how she is since her last post she was going to hospital for her heart issues

I sincerely hope she is just deciding not to frequent the forum etc

would prefer that to the alternative

Mc Gyver I know is Adsense Adverse and as you see from my sigline I don't blame him, my browsers holding them at bay for now but I too will be off if AdBlocking fails me

I was uploading some pictures of nachos and accidentally clicked on an ad and it erased the images I uploaded.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,410

page 99,  no ads, lots of sad, 

FirstBastion said:

page 99,  no ads, lots of sad, 

I don't see ads on my computer, but I don't know how to turn off ads on my iPhone.  By the way where did I put that iPhone 13? 

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,117

Check between the couch cushions

Apparently I found it on my bed.

I think some of my holes healed up in my ear lobes.

IMG_1562.jpeg
    640 x 480 - 73K
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,199

They don't look healed to me.surprise

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,117

Ouch! Disinfect that!

edited April 29

kyoto kid said:

Ah yes, I've heard of someone from Ulm.  I think his name was "Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitzweimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönendanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm

And of course, it a Monty Python sketch.  I won't link it here, it's too annoying to listen to it completely more than once in one's lifetime.frown  Especially when other members of the Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitzweimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönendanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm family are mentioned.devil

But if one is interested, one can simply Google for "Gambolputty".enlightened  But can you imagine having memorized that skit and that name?  It would haunt your memories for the rest of your life and you'd be in danger of being a one-trick-pony at parties.  Either that or you'd be thrown off the balcony.indecision

Yeah, yeah, I know it makes fun of long German names, but as John Cleese once said, when talking about the limited series of Monty Python shows that they did in German;  "Look, the Germans came to us and said we know that we don't have a sense of humor but we've heard that you do.  Would you come make some shows for us?"  -- paraphrased.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Lucy decided suddenly she wants to interact with stuff on my TV screen

had to show one of my own videos for Youtube but she goes crazy on videos showing birds and butterflies and stuff

What's that thread? You're not dead yet? OK then. :-)

I'm waiting for my migraine to go away completely.

TJohn said:

What's that thread? You're not dead yet? OK then. :-)

...It wont be long now yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, 

it's life is hanging by a thread

...Pavane for A Dead Thread.

The Great Thread Ghost Cometh.surprise

edited May 8

kyoto kid said:

...Pavane for A Dead Thread.

A lesser known work by Maurice Ravel?laugh