GOZ installation

hi

i tried to install GOZ plugin but i got an error 'the instalation path for daz studio could not be found...can someone help me with this? i am new user

thanks

Comments

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

In ZBrush check that the installation path to DAZ Studio is to the correct version of DS, eg Public Beta, if that is what you are using (Preferences/GoZ/Path to DS). You may also try uninstalling DS (using DAZ Installation Manager) and then reinstalling.

I usually find that after an update to DS and GoZ, that GoZ no longer works. I think DAZ should deal with this recurrent issue, but so far, not.

Anyway, good luck. If all else fails you could start a ticket at the Help Desk.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

If Install Manager is attempting to install a package (e.g., a plugin - GoZ) that requires it to know where another application is installed (e.g., ZBrush) so that it can determine where to place files provided by that package based on that information, and you have not yet told Install Manager where that application is installed... you will be presented with a message that informs you of that fact.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,053

never gotten it to work with Zbrush 2018

its a Zbrush not a DAZ issue AFAIK

• thenarthenar Posts: 2

Where is Goz for Daz?  has it been discontinued?  If so, that is tragic.

• thenar said:

Where is Goz for Daz?  has it been discontinued?  If so, that is tragic.

It's still there - but note that you can have only one version installed at a time, so it won't show in the Beta if it's installed for the general release and vice versa.