* * * E T H N I C S * * * For GENESIS 2 Females {COMMERCIAL}

Cake OneCake One Posts: 381
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Here comes Li-Mei, one of the 15 ethnics face morphs for Gen2F, from the ETHNICS set , coming very very VERY soon on the store ;) , to celebrate the PA SALE 2013.

Get ready...

fofo.jpg
890 x 543 - 130K

Comments

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited September 2013

Nice :) Looking forward to more ethnic variety :)

Post edited by Renpatsu on
  • Cake OneCake One Posts: 381
    edited December 1969

Thanks...
    Here is a very quick render of another face : Saba
    The texture used is the basic one that comes with Gen2F, only the diffuse colour has been darken...

black4.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 203K
    edited December 1969

Of course, the 15 face morphs can be combined together :

Here is an exemple of 3 morphs mixed together at different values :

fofo2.jpg
    748 x 977 - 228K
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

I haven't bought a lot of Genesis 2 products yet, but I will pick up this one. Great work!

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Did my first render with it, mixing some morphs together:

2013-09-06_Ethnic_Faces_H-Surv_web.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 476K
    edited December 1969

Excellent, Sedor, i love it !!!
    It fits very well with this character set.

Here is one i did while working on the morphs itself. It didn't make it to the "Promo section" but i like its mood...

c2b.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 135K
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Cake One - great set, some wonderful looking and realistic characters (I have your set for V4 faces too). Are you able to share a list of which ethnicities each character represents - some are pretty clear but others less so.

edited December 1969

HI Phil
    Thanks for you message and happy you liked the previous V4 set.

I can not totally list a name character and its place origin as ethnicity is so mixed that the character can come from everywhere, but i created some morphs with specificity in mind.

Sophia for exemple were created thinking about south america. She could also be spanish or portuguese.
    Li-Mei could really be chinsese as Ayako would be more japanese but they in fact could be from anywhere in Asia...

I though of Lamia as a north africa lady while Farida would be her more oriental counterpart, closer to India, where you would reach Ayati.

Wefa is African, but still has some subtle asian features while Saba is more an carabean lady.

There are also some european ladies there but it's really your imagination that makes the work.
    For instance, i see Charlotte from Ireland and Ingrid from Germany (but they could both be french ;) )

Valentina could be from Eastern Europe, while Manuela could be from the south.

The skin color you will choose will also impact a lot on the final look of the character. Here is an image (quick render) of all the morphs with the same texture applied. The only change (appart from the morph itself) is the skin and eyes color.

What i like about it is the ability to create a unique character by mixing all those ethnics feature.

Let's say i want a lady whose grand father was african, who also has a russian grand mother and some subtle asian features from old time, i can make that.

I hope i answered your question Phil...?

C.

Small-preview.jpg
    2000 x 1667 - 631K
    africa.png
    993 x 942 - 898K
    edited December 1969

A great response, thank you. As we all know, there are a multitude of looks in any nation, but certainly there are characteristics more typical of some regions than others. I think your set will help generate a wonderful diversity of characters!

edited December 1969

Thank you Phil :)

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited September 2013

Something I am working on using these morphs...

Every so often I make attempts to use the morphs I've picked up to make a character that looks like my wife (who is very beautiful and a mix of African, Irish, and Spanish ancestry). So with this product, I've started that up again, trying this with G2F for the first time. I used a mix of three of the faces, and then some adjustments with the G2F Head and Body morphs.

Not quite there, but this is closer than I've been able to get in the past. When I've tried this before, the combinations lost coherence and beauty as particular features got closer, and I'd stop. So I'm happy that here with these new morphs, she's starting to look like a cartoon/comic book character that someone might actually make based on her. So thank you for these, Cake One. :)

If anybody wants to compare to life, this is her: http://kimangelw.deviantart.com

KimberlinaG2F-5.jpg
    900 x 1260 - 282K
    KimberlinaG2F-1.jpg
    900 x 1260 - 211K
    Post edited by Storypilot on
    edited December 1969

Hi Storypilot

Thank you for sharing, i always love to see what people can create with the stuff i made :)

Your character is really very nice, and i particularly like the renders.
    I took a look at your wife's picture, she is a really beautiful woman and with subtle facial features, i understand the trouble you must have trying to re-create her in 3d.

What you have done so far is really well.
    A unique character with personality!
    It can surely be used like it is for future project.

If you want your character to look closer to your wife, there is some fine adjustments you can still make with Gen2 head morphs:

What I would do first, is save that character as it is as it's already amazing and you don't want to loose that by wrong tweaking.
    An option would be to export Gen 2 as Obj, and reimport it via Morph loader so your complete character will load as a Gen2 dial.

For the tweaks : I would say first that Gen2 head shape is really square and your wife seem to have a more hearted face, thinner chin. Try to modify this a bit.

Also, you can try individual GEN2 dials of her nose and her mouth to make it look closer to your wife facial feature.
    It's a hard one because your wife's beauty is really made of a subtle balance of different features and tweaking them too much can transform you character in a caricatural version of herself.

You ca, also try to balance the skin color (or the SSS shader), as it seems a bit pinky compared to your wife. i would add a tiny bit of green somewhere in your shader.

That's it for tonight, going to bed :)

Hoping to see more...

Cecile

edited December 1969

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer those suggestions! I can't tell you how grateful I am. I'm going to try them out to see if I can get closer.

I can already say you are right on about adding a tiny bit of green, I had been trying a new render where the skin tone adjustment was starting to go in that direction before I saw your message, and it was making a definite improvement.

You are so correct when you say it's a subtle balance of different features...If I make some good progress, I'll post my results.

edited December 1969

You're welcome :-)

edited September 2013

Some new results i thought I would show. The differences are fairly subtle, but I lengthened her face just a bit, narrowed and reshaped her chin and jaw, changed the mouth, narrowed her eyes, adjusted the skin tone (and added a couple of details to the texture to thicken and shorten the eyebrows and add beauty marks), and tried to get her nose a bit closer to the shape, though that's always tough.

I made a few adjustments that I thought started veering toward caricature, so then I brought those down again before this version. It's tricky, and I think could still be better. Will keep trying.

Thank you again for this product and for the suggestions which is getting me closer than before :)

KimberlinaG2F-14.jpg
    642 x 900 - 153K
    KimberlinaG2F-17.jpg
    642 x 900 - 114K
    Post edited by Storypilot on
    edited December 1969

Really nice changes - as you say, subtle but they really make a difference. That's the thing about faces, we are so attuned to seeing them that we notice even the slightest change and subtle expression.

edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    Really nice changes - as you say, subtle but they really make a difference. That's the thing about faces, we are so attuned to seeing them that we notice even the slightest change and subtle expression.

Thanks. It's really true. And especially as things get closer to reality, a version of the uncanny valley starts to creep in where smaller features that are not quite right start to have a larger and larger impact.

edited December 1969

Hi there

i think it's better in many ways. I would add a tiny touch of blue now somewhere on her skin, and i think your wife still has a sweet softer face, but real improvement!

Congratulations

edited December 1969

Cake One said:
    Hi there

i think it's better in many ways. I would add a tiny touch of blue now somewhere on her skin, and i think your wife still has a sweet softer face, but real improvement!

Congratulations

Thanks. :)
    I agree, and so while it's a challenge (at least for me) to bring as much sweetness to her face as she has, I'm sure I'll keep trying!