SimonWM 's Facial Elasticity Morphs Where art thou?

Hello and thank you for any help.  I bought and installed these through the install tab in Daz.  The description says "48 Sculpted HD Original Expressions" but it's not in the Posing tab presets/editor.  So I checked the Shaping tab and it's not there (I even looked under every body part's tab including legs haha).  I have never used powerpose/face, is that it?  Are there sliders somewhere?  I love sliders.  The Smart Content tab only has a reset button.  I just can't wait to make some funny faces, somebody out there, has anyone used it yet?

Thank you

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,945
    edited October 2018

I don't own it, but you will probably find morph sliders in the Parameters pane.

Also, the readme file says:

• You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ Studio Folders:

• “People:Genesis 8 Female:Genesis 8 Female Facial Elasticity Morphs”

• You can find new icons for this product in the following DAZ Studio Categories:

• “Shaping:Remove:Head”

Post edited by barbult on
  • Thank you for responding, I left out above that when I checked all tabs it included the Parameters tab after searching throughout the Posing (opened/expanded every tab) and Shaping (every tab, just in case it somehow didn't show up under face/head).  After seaching everywhere possible (it has to be installed, the icon under the Smart Content is there with the "Reset Elasticity Morphs" button that has the word "Shape" in the top right corner).  Since it said "shape" on the button, I triple checked every possible option under the Shaping tab again then went back to the product page.  The discription is very limited, but it does say "expressions."  So I triple checked under the Posing tab again.  I searched through forums for anyone who might have had a similar problem, then expanded my search outside of Daz3d.com, but I havn't given up yet. 

I thought maybe it has it's own tab so under Window - Panes (tabs) I opened the - Powerpose tab, under Template - Face I moved the cheeks around and thought maybe this is it and there's no slider morphs or slider pose expressions, but after trying the provided "reset elasticity morphs" button a standard error message came up (I had the character selected at the time).  That leads me to believe it had nothing to reset from the powerpose experiment. 

I don't know where it could be so I'm starting to think it's not working.  I feel pretty experienced at getting around the user interface.  I'm hoping it's somehow right in front of my face (like a leopard in the jungle), but I have checked so many times everywhere even places it wouldn't be.  

In the Parameters pane, did you check in Pose Controls as well as in Actor? If you can't find it, you'd better send a help request and ask Daz Customer Service where you can find it. 

• I did, I even opened every tab as well as scrolled through every body part besides the face.  I browsed to folder location - opened the content folder and it has a morph folder, but there's nothing under the morphs tab.  Thanks for the help!  It looks like a fun product.  Maybe I'll wait a day to see if anyone knows.  Otherwise I will have to send a help request.  They usually want me to check the forums first haha, I did it, whew!   

• Guess what?  I did thee old uninstall/reinstall and it showed up.  ha haha haa....I apologize for not trying that sooner.  Thank you for trying to help.  

Great. I'm glad you got it working. Have fun with it!
  • hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited May 2021

Genesis 8 Female Facial Elasticity Morphs

To get the sliders :

Parameters > Genesis 8 > Actor > Head > Face > SWM Elasticity

Those are morphs that should have been placed in "Pose Controls" instead of "Actors"... 

@Verazoazenzara when something doesn't (seem to) work, re-installing should really be the very last option. There's always an explanation to an issue. 

Anyway, next time you look for sliders, morphers, etc : check in DAZ3D.com a description of the package you bought and the name of one of the sliders that's supposed to be in it. Then use Voidtools Anything to search fot that file in your hard drive. This will help you to know where to look for it in Daz Studio.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited April 2020

The promotion isn't well done if not at all in the forum, the name in my opinion isn't well chosen (one finds Facial Elasticity randomly / by pure luck). And that's too bad really, because this face custom "sculpted" morphs pack is ultra original and acutally damn useful. Mixing it with the usual sliders, one can achieve faces that definitely cannot be done with any other facial expressions pack I've tried.

I hope @SimonWM will make more like that.

Post edited by hansolocambo on