• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

christmas zombie-ocalypse, 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,945
    edited December 2018

click video

when you dress like the DAZ store

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

You can surrender without a prayer, but never really pray without surrender. You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win without a fight.
    Neil Peart

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,088

Reached St. Louis.  Saw the mighty Mississippi River, and the big arch.  Station has wifi.  I posted the next challenge WIP thread.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,860

what's the big arch?

• what's the big arch?

Maccas?
    edited December 2018

what's the big arch?

Maccas?

is a landmark

looks pretty

Post edited by Mistara on
  • Mystarra said:

what's the big arch?

Maccas?

is a landmark

looks pretty

ah half a McDonalds but a very big Mac
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited December 2018
    Mystarra said:

what's the big arch?

Maccas?

is a landmark

looks pretty

I was up in that back in 1988 when there for a conference... it was so bloody hot that day and it was very hot at the top. After coming down, we got some relief in the museum which was below ground.

This is what I have been doing all week with my granddaughter... she did the roof sweets then started eating all the pretzels, so had to put it away till she went home.  It's all edible, every bit, even the flags (German on other side).

cheeky  Silene

1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 544K
    Post edited by SileneUK on
  • Mystarra said:

what's the big arch?

Maccas?

is a landmark

looks pretty

I was up in that back in 1988 when there for a conference... it was so bloody hot that day and it was very hot at the top. After coming down, we got some relief in the museum which was below ground.

This is what I have been doing all week with my granddaughter... she did the roof sweets then started eating al the pretzels, so had to put it away till she went home.  It's all edible, every bit, even the flags.

cheeky  Silene

nice,heart

I used to makd gingerbread houses years ago but nobody to give them to now, even then got too many comments on how unhealthy they were so fussy what their kids ate.

Well, as the Dutch say, a little bit of the bad/excess stuff keeps big bad excesses at bay!  devil  Silene

80s sugar smiley

1960s Sugar

Love the gingerbread house.  Wish had some right now.  yes

whoo the candy girl? must be aiko heart

i changed my rosty forum name to mistylaraCarrara smiley

• my hair won't plait

my hair won't plait

It's alive!   Looks like a sea anenome.... very graceful.  Did you really have any luck trying to weave the plaits at all?  I have a Carrara head of hair that is in corn rows. Don't recall where I got it, but I cannot figure out how it was done. 

surprise  Silene

• my hair won't plait

It's alive!   Looks like a sea anenome.... very graceful.  Did you really have any luck trying to weave the plaits at all?  I have a Carrara head of hair that is in corn rows. Don't recall where I got it, but I cannot figure out how it was done. 

surprise  Silene

oh wow that sounds awesome I have obviously not got it and never seen it

no could not plait it sadly 

edited December 2018

my hair won't plait

surprise  Silene

oh wow that sounds awesome I have obviously not got it and never seen it

no could not plait it sadly 

It's called Diversity and is an Afro style and a Cornrows style in one file. It loads quickly directly to V4. I can get it onto Misty's G3 OK, but have to faff to get it on the head. No 'fit to' option.  I haven't a clue who designed it.  This file was from 2007.  I cannot find it anywhere now on the net... it did not come from DS site. Am I allowed to share the file?    I was thinking that if I wanted to 'force' a braid, I'd do three guides vs two in the cornrows and make a haircap that has a 'tail' to style the longer braid on... but still doing it in short linear groups.

Have not had any time and furtniture is coming tomorrow morning (Sunday!!) so will not be looking into this much for a while with Christmas coming. Happy to upload the files if it is permitted... Ms Chohole?

Here's a screenshot. of the cornrow style  yes  Silene

ETA:  If anyone recognises this hair model... maybe you can ID the artist!  

cornrows.png
    964 x 520 - 331K
    Corn2.png
    577 x 613 - 345K
  • Diversity was done by Naomi.  I think that Daz bought her out, so her her products may appear in the near future.

edited December 2018

https://web.archive.org/web/20161225205538/www.daz3d.com/diversity

it was culled by looks as not for DAZ studio so not wanted by DAZ 3D

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/8229/start

like many Carrara only vendors she was ditched, I own most of her other hairs by looks too but sadly not that one

edited December 2018

looking at this Zbrush mesh braid tutorial

one needs an ogee a figure 8 shape on top, zig zag one side s shaped the other So I may need to hone my styling skills and do one and duplicate it

I have some braid objects by 3DC from shareCG I can study too

edited December 2018

I've gotten tightly curled hair from Carrara's dymanic hair, focus on the kink hair shadr, and then using Philemo's hair-to-mesh plugin.  You could get it even more tight by adjusting the shader.  The nice thin about using Carrara and Philemo's plugin, is that the number and ordr of vertexes can be preserved even with certain changes, and then morphs generated.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3560896/#Comment_3560896

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited December 2018

looking at this Zbrush mesh braid tutorial

one needs an ogee a figure 8 shape on top, zig zag one side s shaped the other So I may need to hone my styling skills and do one and duplicate it

I have some braid objects by 3DC from shareCG I can study too

oooooOOOOOoooo.... might have to sink my teeth deeper into Zbrush other than for character morphs.

Diversity was done by Naomi.  I think that Daz bought her out, so her her products may appear in the near future.

Thanks, UB... there was no text file with it. Glad to find out it was hers and a DS so I won't be able to share then.

yes  Silene

sleepy

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 2018

Hello,

If anyone happens to have a moment, I would greatly appreciate a beta tester for this freebie I've been working on. I've tried to include particle emitters to make animation of the bubbles possible. Lots of reflections, so they seem to look best with hdri. Thanks, Christine

Doc54.jpg
    600 x 800 - 45K
    Doc72.jpg
    640 x 480 - 14K
    txt
    txt
    BubbleLights.txt
    Post edited by Cbird on

I don't know how to make this kind of file work (it's me, not you or other artists), but I remember these from my childhood.  Awesome that you made them!!  heart Silene

• I am on ipad but try renaming the .txt extension to .car

edited December 2018

CBird, thank you ahead of time.  I will be playing with it later today.  For folks using Windows, to get the file, I right-clicked on the txt file, used save as to download the file, then renamed the file changing the 'txt' extension to 'car'.  I then started Carrara and opened the car file. 

Post edited by Diomede on
  • CbirdCbird Posts: 493

So sorry I didn't offer download help! for me it works best to hover over txt till the title appears and right click on that rather than just on the icon (hope that makes sense). Then follow Diomede instructions. If that won't work Silene, I'll try to post elsewhere (assuming everything works). I appreciate the interest, Christine

This discussion has been closed.