Eyes reflection Off

When rendering a G8 character in Iray I don't like the reflection in his eyes and prefer to do it manually in Photoshop. How to remove it in the render without losing quality? What do I have to change in the surface tab?

Comments

• Try setting Glossy Strength to 0% on the eye surface, assuming you are using a character with Iray shaders.

• abiflashabiflash Posts: 89

Try setting Glossy Strength to 0% on the eye surface, assuming you are using a character with Iray shaders.

Sorry, I can't find "eye surface" or "Glossy Strength"·on the tab Surfaces of Genesis 8 Female.

• Generally Cornea and EyeMoisture on Genesis 8 Female - I couldn't check when I posted. Glossy Layered Weight is the property I meant.

edited August 2018

Generally Cornea and EyeMoisture on Genesis 8 Female - I couldn't check when I posted. Glossy Layered Weight is the property I meant.

I set Glossy Layered Weight of Cornea and EyeMoisture to 0 and the reflection of the lights is still visible in the eyes when I render.

Post edited by abiflash on
  • JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

You'll need to adjust a lot of textures for the eyes depending on where the reflection is occuring. I typically use guidance from the Show Us Your Iray Render thread on how one person setup surfaces to achieve the reflection they wanted. You could probably reverse engineer those settings to remove it. But be careful as you could end up with very dull / flat looking eyes that remove more of the specular light than you had intended.

JonnyRay said:

You'll need to adjust a lot of textures for the eyes depending on where the reflection is occuring. I typically use guidance from the Show Us Your Iray Render thread on how one person setup surfaces to achieve the reflection they wanted. You could probably reverse engineer those settings to remove it. But be careful as you could end up with very dull / flat looking eyes that remove more of the specular light than you had intended.

Yeah, you're right. I think I have found the solution, setting Cutout Opacity of the Cornea to 0, and rendering only the part where the reflection occurs. Thank you for your comments.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@abiflash

In Iray the lights will pretty accurately reflect the light that hits them. Is that not desirable?

• EdwardEdwardEdwardEdwardEdwardEdward Posts: 143
    edited March 2021

Can glossy reflections appear on Genesis 8 eyes in the viewport? Or only in render? Genesis 8 seems to have dull eyes in the viewport, unlike Genesis, which in viewport has glossy reflections in the eyes.

Post edited by EdwardEdwardEdward on
  • xsamdjxxsamdjx Posts: 0
    I don't know if anyone need it but to turn off eye reflection of light Go to surface Go to cornea Put value 0 to : i. Glossy layered weight ii. Glossy reflectivity iii. Reflectivity No dull eyes !