dForce Long Hoodie for G8F: How to move or dForce the hood?

So, got me the dForce Long Hoodie for G8F today. It basically dForces not too bad, but as soon as I try anything with the hood - like using a primitive to try to move it backwards - the whole outfit goes BOOM...

There's no morph build in the hoodie to move the hood back...  which is something I would consider vital for a hoodie... or at least the option to use dForce to move it back, which leads to an explosion...

So... any ideas? Except for using the Geometry tool to just cut the hood off instead of making it go back from the head...

Comments

• Try adding more iterations, booming is often the result of there not neing enough time for the "energy" to dissipate to a stable state

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Sounded like a good idea, but didn't help. sad

Found some more details that might be the reason for the problem:

• the hood itself has an inner and an outer layer which of course collide when the hood is moved; no different surfaces though..
    • the PA has put a spot with low weight (or high weight? Hoodie is red but that spot is blue..) on the hood, probably to keep it in place during simulation. That spot was the reason for the hood not being able to get pushed back by the primitive (which I had targetted at that spot). This weight map thingy was only visible after I assigned a dForce Modifier Weight Node to the hoodie. Easy to correct, but still the problem persists with the hoodie exploding due to self collision (see above)

Guess I'll just use that hoodie with the hood up, as "correcting" it or making it work properly would be way too much effort for someone with as little skill as me...
    Thanks for the help though, @Richard Haseltine You're always trying your best to help us poor newbies and most of the time You succeed. yes

• I know this is an old thread, but I was running into the same problem myself and thought I'd post my solution in case anyone else needs it.

-Select the hoodie

-Create - new DForce Weight Modifier Node

-Tools - Node Weight Map Brush

-Paint out the blue spot on the top of the hood

-Pose character

-Tilt head back pretty much all the way

-Turn off visibility of character's hair if present

-Set hood collision layer to 1

-Set main hoodie collision layer to 2

-Simulate (it may explode, if so note what percentage it does it at, and stop the simulation before that next time)

-Turn off visibility of everything apart from the hoodie

-Export as OBJ using Daz preset

-Import the saved OBJ using Daz preset

-Turn off visibility of the original hoodie

-Turn back on visibility of everything else

-Copy surfaces from the original hoodie to the imported object

-Render

I hope that helps someone, it's a bit of a hacky solution, but it doesn't take that long once you get the hang of it.