Octogenesis [commercial]

RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,798
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Octogenesis

Now available!
http://www.daz3d.com/octogenesis

From the oceans deep, Octogenesis will surface. Whether an aquatic sea creature, or a robotic means of locomotion, this product can fit into many worlds. Sci-fi, Steampunk or down in the briny deep - let your imagination be your guide.

Product Includes:

• One Octogenesis Legs Geografted Figure.
• One Organic morph for the legs
• One Robotic morph for the legs
• Two Organic textures for the legs
• Two Organic textures for the legs with SSS (d/s only)
• Two Metalic textures for the legs

NOTE: This set may have issues with some morphs (particularly the heavy morphs).

Octogen_POP2.jpg
500 x 650 - 191K
Octogen_POP1.jpg
500 x 650 - 165K
Octogen_Main.jpg
500 x 650 - 183K

Comments

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

I know a few Octogenarians in real life.... oh you said Octogenesis

kool looking set, well done

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 625
    edited August 2013

Looks cool, Raw!

Heh! Anyone for a Abrams-type reboot of the Wild Wild West movie? :lol:

Post edited by Ryuu@AMcCF on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,956
    edited December 1969

Scarily I am proof-reading a friend's new collection of short stories and literally the first sentence I read after seeing this post was: "After Grandma died, Grandpa settled to being the selfish octogenarian teenager he had always been under the veneer of wisdom and mischief." ;)
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

Scarily I am proof-reading a friend's new collection of short stories and literally the first sentence I read after seeing this post was: "After Grandma died, Grandpa settled to being the selfish octogenarian teenager he had always been under the veneer of wisdom and mischief." ;)

wait what??? an octogenarian teenager?

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

wait what??? an octogenarian teenager?
    LOL, just someone (like me!) who refuses to grow up gracefully ;)

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,798
    edited December 1969

Still trying to find the fine line between growing up and feeling old...the later seems to have a stronger effect :P

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    Still trying to find the fine line between growing up and feeling old...the later seems to have a stronger effect :P

growing older is inevitable...growing up is optional

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,333
    edited December 1969

Love this product the amount of movement is brilliant.

Quickly through this together.

Octobot.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 329K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited August 2013

That looks great! Love the colors.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

In the cart it goes. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun to play with. The options for the textures are a nice touch; I really like the metallic/robotic one.

Just wondering, where do you get your ideas? It seems that you're always coming up with something new and interesting.

edited December 1969

Very Very cool!

Rawn

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    In the cart it goes. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun to play with. The options for the textures are a nice touch; I really like the metallic/robotic one.

Just wondering, where do you get your ideas? It seems that you're always coming up with something new and interesting.

I dont know where all the ideas come from.....the idea for this set almost died half way through...but it was just weird enough to keep going LOL

edited August 2013

You know, you should make a matching back piece with a ton of arms like this also, at least 4-6, with optional grabby things at the ends. :P

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    You know, you should make a matching back piece with a ton of arms like this also, at least 4-6, with optional grabby things at the ends. :P

6 arms? a SexoGenesis?

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

6 arms? a SexoGenesis?
    Combined with this, would it be an Octosexo? o_O

edited December 1969

I was in the midst of this render when I read the above posts ... we have 4 Arms and SpiderFolk adding the extra appendages:

Arms_raceX.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 129K
    edited December 1969

ummm....wow......guess he would always have some appendage free to scratch that annoying itch :)

edited December 1969

you know you released this set a tad early, you should have waited for Octo-ber :D

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited August 2013

Love this geo-craft, it is so innovative and unique :) will do nicely in my collection :)

you know you released this set a tad early, you should have waited for Octo-ber :D

When that month comes he'll release a new creature, Octo-Bear :) (don't hurt me for that one ... ;) )
    Post edited by Renpatsu on
    edited December 1969

oh the pun-isment you guys put me through LOL

edited December 1969

oooo oooo ooooo i wan Octo-Bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited December 1969

http://bearmageddon.com/2011/08/05/octo-bear/

I can't believe this actually exists.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

For those that have purchased this, how well does it take arbitrary skin textures? Since it doesn't really have a 'blend' area, I'm hoping it can use pretty much anything. The most frustrating parts of geografts is getting stuck with the included skins...

edited August 2013

cwichura said:
    For those that have purchased this, how well does it take arbitrary skin textures? Since it doesn't really have a 'blend' area, I'm hoping it can use pretty much anything. The most frustrating parts of geografts is getting stuck with the included skins...

It doesn't mess with your existing skin at all, in fact it doesn't even come with character skins, only textures for the legs. It just creates a dividing line going straight from the figure to the legs. There is no actual blending of anything. My render uses Hitomi's default skin.

My screenshot also shows a problem I'm having. What is up with the 4 legs on the sides? o_O
    It does this even when textured and bent.

Octoskin.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 195K
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:

I made this one a straight cut for just that reason.
    I know it kind of defeats the purpose of geografting giving that nice blending....but I know there were complaints about my serpent tail for that reason...so this one i took a different route.

Rawn

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

My screenshot also shows a problem I'm having. What is up with the 4 legs on the sides? o_O
    It does this even when textured and bent.

This set will not work with all the different morphs out there.....that is why I made that note on it.
    Sorry

Rawn

edited August 2013

Yea, I just figured that out. I didn't use the Hitomi morph, but loaded her straight from the full character preset. It attaches perfectly, but just does that. Poo.

/edit

/slaps self
    -uses V5 body with Hitomi's head.
    Score.
    lol

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

On my list. Unfortunately, no new purchases until at least next week.

edited December 1969

if you did a cat with tentacles, would it be an Octo-pus?

edited December 1969

Hey Raw, do you by chance have a template/seam guide for these puppies?