Script for wrangling windows / panes?

I frequently switch from using my laptop stand-alone to using it plugged into a monitor. This causes some problems with DAZ Studio windows / panes.

For example, the other day I was using my laptop without the external monitor, and the Render Settings pane (undocked) was simply inaccessible. It was probably positioned somewhere off the screen, "remembering" its placement from when I had the monitor connected. But since undocked pane windows have no window control menu, the trick I usually use to reclaim off-screen windows (Alt-spacebar, M, then arrow keys to move the window into view) will not work.

Does anybody know of a script that helps wrangle the undocked pane windows? Possibly something that would collect them all onto the current screen or move them to specific coordinates?

Would it be possible to write such a script?

Thanks!

Comments

• One fix would be to use Window>Workspace>Save Layout/Window>Workspace>Select Layout to create and switch between a set-up for the two displays. You can recover the lost panes via Window>Workspace>Off Screen Pane (Tab) Groups...

• I just had a problem with the Script IDE Pane on my 2 screen setup, and found this post. I have a 2560x1440 monitor as my main screen, and to the right of it a 1920x1200 monitor rotated 90 degrees (portrait mode).

I opened the script IDE and attempted to move it onto my second monitor. It jumped slightly to the right as I released the mouse pointer. I attempted to move it again, and it moved further to the right, Eventually it disappeared off the right hand edge of my right hand monitor, and nothing seemns to bring it back, including Richard's suggestion above. When I opened Window>Workspace>Off Screen Pane (Tab) Groups as suggested above, I saw the Script IDE window name with a checkbox against it. That was all. I unchecked the checkbox, but nothing happened. I attempted to open the pane again, but it does not come back.

• I would think you'd want to leave the check box checked, to say "this is one I want to recentre".