Is there a way to pause all smoothing modifiers?

Joe827Joe827 Posts: 225

Often, when I am trying to get a rough posing of a figure or just move their position around int he scene, smoothing modifiers can really bog things down.  Is there a way to pause all of them temporarily?

Post edited by Joe827 on

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

For each figure or object to which smoothing has been applied, you can temporarily disable it under the Parameters tab by setting Enable Smoothing to "off". When ready, you simply need to reset it to "on".

• MaxHancockMaxHancock Posts: 226

I wish there was a way to disable all at once, but no, I don't think there is. Maybe someone out there has a script for it. 

• This was still working last tiem I tried it https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwgw8ckbk46ysif/ToggleSmoothing.zip?dl=0

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983
    edited July 2018

Like with every property in the Parameters pane the setting Consolidate Properties in the options menu will sum up these properties (see the number in brackets) of the same name if more than one item is selected.

Parameters_ConsolidateProperties.png
    836 x 308 - 63K
    Post edited by Syrus_Dante on
  • Joe827Joe827 Posts: 225

Like with every property in the Parameters pane the setting Consolidate Properties in the options menu will sum up these properties (see the number in brackets) of the same name if more than one item is selected.

Thanks.  I failed to consider that option.

This was still working last tiem I tried it https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwgw8ckbk46ysif/ToggleSmoothing.zip?dl=0

Thank you,  I'll give this a shot as well.  This might be nicer for large scenes.  There's quite a delay when I try to select a whole list of items via the scene tab.

• One advantage of my script, assuming it's still working, is that it remembers which things had smoothing on initially and won't switch items that were off back on as multi-selecting will.

• Richard,

Just downloaded the script. Seems to work just fine. Thank you so much.

Jim