Saving DTE

ApocApoc Posts: 407
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

HI newbie question here. Is there any way to save textures made using the DTE ( deep texture editor ) and export them into a external software like dazStudio?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

Not really. All software uses different ways of making textures.You can't use a DS shader in Poser,(and vice versa), the same is true of Bryce DTE mats, think of them as Bryce shaders, and you see the difficulty.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited June 2012

Apoc23 said:
    HI newbie question here. Is there any way to save textures made using the DTE ( deep texture editor ) and export them into a external software like dazStudio?

In theory yes. There used to be a plugin product for DS that allowed it to use Bryce procedural textures. This however was removed from the shop because it is not compatible with DS4. When I asked, I was informed there were no plans to update the product to work with the latest versions of Bryce and DS. I suspect the problem is that with the additional features added in 7.0 and 7.1 that Bryce has stepped so far beyond what DS is capable of in this regard (I know that in other respects DS has some impressive capabilities - so don't get me wrong, I'm not saying DS is inferior it's just has different strengths) that such a product would not really any longer be practical.

Edit: that being said, if it was perused it would give DS users access to Bryce's huge back catalogue of materials and would mean the DS bridge would get some much needed attention - I don't need to belabour the DS material transfer issues here, there are enough threads dedicated to doing that. So a fix in this department would benefit DS users two fold and might even unlock a few DAZ model sales to Bryce users if DS would deign to talk to Bryce reliably - something my version of DS4 pro steadfastly refuses to do.

Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • ds-mail_2e0cb9c256ds-mail_2e0cb9c256 Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

You can render the DTE texture on a plane and use the result as a texture map in any other program that uses texture maps...no longer procedural but the results usually look good