Characters body is disappearing

gsil247gsil247 Posts: 221

So I'm adding clothes to a character and it fits just fine. However, when I go to add clothes on him and close the eye under "scene" regarding the clothes, that part of his body disappears. Example: I'm hiding is boots, but his feet are now missing and I cant even click on his feet with my cursor as it acts as if they are gone completely. I know I can just delete the clothes and the body will reappear, but I want to make one glove appear only, Michael Jackson/Thanos style. 

Post edited by gsil247 on

Comments

• That's because the clothes are set up as a GeoGraft. In this case it would be fairly easy to fix:

1. For simplicity just load the base figure and the item you want to partially hide
    2. Switch to Tools>Geometry Editor
    3. Open the Tool Settings pane
    4. Right-click in the Viewport>Geometry Selection>Select By>Follower Auto Hide Groups>the gloves you are using (that selects all of the polygons that would be hidden)
    5. In the Tool Settings pane under Face Groups click the - button next to each bone you will want to be visible (so if you want just a right glove click the - buttons next to teh left hand/arm bones)
    6. Right-click in the Viewport>Geometry Assignment>Set Auto-Hide Faces for Attachment, then select the gloves in the dialogue
    7. Switch back to a standard posing tool, hide the unwanted glove if you haven't - the hand should now be visible
    8. File>Save As>Wearables Preset

• gsil247gsil247 Posts: 221
    edited June 2018

Step 4 isn't working. As you can see, there is no option that says, "Follower Auto Hide Groups". That is why I reposted the topic. If you can help me I would appreciate it. Thank you for trying though, and your time. 

Screenshot (2).png
    3440 x 1440 - 1M

But if you can help me figure this out, I would gladly pay you for your time. 

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Hmm, when I want just 1 glove, I use geometry editor to hide it, not the 'eye'.

When you get into Geometry Editor, you should have a 'Tool Settings' pane somewhere on your screen. If not, you may have to go to Windows > Panes > Tool Settings to show this pane.

Then in that pane, there is a little tiny button in upper right hand corner. I click on that bad boy and change selection mode to lasso.

Then I just lasso the glove or shoe I don't want to see, essentially 'selecting it'. There are other ways to select using the + and - buttons, but I like the lasso. Makes me feel like a cowboy.

Then I click on that little tiny button again > Geometry Visibility > Hide select polygons.

And bam, all done!

I've never seen the body part underneath remain hidden. However if this happens for some reason I'd try either of the following:

- Tiny button again, Geometry editing > Delete hidden polygons -- really nukes that unwanted glove and perhaps gets rid of it's influence on the person underneath.

- Or: Select the figure with the missing skin. Geometry editor > Tiny button > Geometry Visibility > Show all polygons.

edited June 2018
    Toonces said:

Hmm, when I want just 1 glove, I use geometry editor to hide it, not the 'eye'.

When you get into Geometry Editor, you should have a 'Tool Settings' pane somewhere on your screen. If not, you may have to go to Windows > Panes > Tool Settings to show this pane.

Then in that pane, there is a little tiny button in upper right hand corner. I click on that bad boy and change selection mode to lasso.

Then I just lasso the glove or shoe I don't want to see, essentially 'selecting it'. There are other ways to select using the + and - buttons, but I like the lasso. Makes me feel like a cowboy.

Then I click on that little tiny button again > Geometry Visibility > Hide select polygons.

And bam, all done!

I've never seen the body part underneath remain hidden. However if this happens for some reason I'd try either of the following:

- Tiny button again, Geometry editing > Delete hidden polygons -- really nukes that unwanted glove and perhaps gets rid of it's influence on the person underneath.

- Or: Select the figure with the missing skin. Geometry editor > Tiny button > Geometry Visibility > Show all polygons.

There is no lasso mode that I can find anywhere. Maybe I'm just too stupid or using a different verision, but I don't seem to be able to find it. Do you have Skype or something that shows my computer screen in real time? At this point, I can just pay you for your time if so you can show me what i'm doing wrong. Does $10 work

I can't find this buttons you speak of. 

Screenshot (3).png
    3440 x 1440 - 2M

I have discord, that's about it.

And yes, that button is quite hard to find! I circled it for ya.

tinybutton.PNG
    366 x 683 - 64K

It selected it, but as you can see, it destroys his arm completely because the damn glove for whatever reason does this. Does Discord allow you to share screens?

Screenshot (4).png
    3440 x 1440 - 1M

Nevermind, I figured it out. Selected the polygon, then click, delete hidden polygons. I still would like to thank you for your time. What kind of giftcard would you like? Steam, Daz, you tell me

Haha, free of charge!

I did PM you my skype username and google voice nbr in case you still needed help.

Good luck with Thanos!!

THank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much. See, I got it working

A smile on my face.png
    1200 x 900 - 799K

Nice!

And he has all the infinity stones?! We could be in trouble.

• gsil247 said:

Step 4 isn't working. As you can see, there is no option that says, "Follower Auto Hide Groups". That is why I reposted the topic. If you can help me I would appreciate it. Thank you for trying though, and your time. 

Those instructions were for mosdifying the Auto Hide group on the base figure, not the gloves. I should have made it clear that the base figure was to be selected (it would have been following my steps).

• SakarosSakaros Posts: 18

You guys really helped me, too.  Thanks!