Fatal Error ACCESS_VIOLATION in module

A big problem, I really need an Expert. Daz3d crashes always after a view seconds/minutes of use. Didnt happend before but know i have no chance to use it. crying

I install everything manual. Last thing was DAZ3d Content Checkup and their was a problem(!?) while trying to using it, also this script doesnt work.

I delete all installed DAZ3d Content Checkup Manual from the folders.

This message shows up: DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvopencl.dll" at 0033:00000000E8C59EF0, clGetExtensionFunctionAddress()+27709325 byte(s)

I contacted already the DAZ Technical Support but at the moment no answer. Could take some days.

My Software/Hardware: First of all, everything is up to date (drivers)

• Win10
  • DAZ3d pro Version 4.10.0.123
  • Kaspersky Internet Security 2018
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-7000k @4.20GHz 4 Cores
  • GPU: Intel HD graphics 630 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
  • Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
  • Memory 32 GB

I also checked the log file but it doesnt helped me, because I'm not an expert. 1 time I load a character then open the log file. This 1 time i got also an fatal error message, but this time daz3d doesnt crash. So I was able to render. After closing the application, the fatal error message immediately shut down the daz3d like before.

In Attachment you will find my ERROR REPORT. Maybe it helps to solve the problem.

zip
zip
DAZStudio_error_report_180605-130909.zip

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967

I don't have Win 10, nor am I a PC expert ... that said, the crach looks to be linked to your gfx card, specifically the OpenCL component, which DS uses for dForce simulation.  I don't know if you had been using dForce simualtion as part of your scene, or even if that matters.  WIn 10 has a habit of installing video drivers on your behalf, and those drivers seem not to want to work with OpenCL.  My suggestion, if you have not already done so is to install a driver from nVidia's site to replace the Microsoft/WIn 10 installed one and see what happens.

• SimonJM said:

I don't have Win 10, nor am I a PC expert ... that said, the crach looks to be linked to your gfx card, specifically the OpenCL component, which DS uses for dForce simulation.  I don't know if you had been using dForce simualtion as part of your scene, or even if that matters.  WIn 10 has a habit of installing video drivers on your behalf, and those drivers seem not to want to work with OpenCL.  My suggestion, if you have not already done so is to install a driver from nVidia's site to replace the Microsoft/WIn 10 installed one and see what happens.

So I downloaded from "Geforce Experience" the GeForce Game Ready Driver from today 5.6.2018 Version: 398.11 and installed it. Should I uninstall something or just download and install (what I did)? The same Fatal Error happens again. I also downloaded "Driver Booster free" and updated the remaining outdated drivers. In attachment you find the log.txt & the error report. Dont know whats wrong.....crying

I prey for a solution.

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_180605-162835.zip
    txt
    txt
    log.txt
    2M

Starting to get outside my area of expertise, mind you that started happening when you mentioned Win 10 ... blush  If you have not already done so a bug report to DAZ would be th ebest way to go.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@Johnny_Bravo

You have three areas mentioned that cause problems for many users and probably have some part in your problems.

1) Kaspersky

2) Installing manually

3) Windows 10

• fastbike1 said:

@Johnny_Bravo

You have three areas mentioned that cause problems for many users and probably have some part in your problems.

1) Kaspersky

2) Installing manually

3) Windows 10

First of all, thank you for reading and trying to help me.

Maybe you are right but I have Kaspersky since 3 years and never had a problem. Win 10 works fine over the last 1 1/2 years. Dont know why this problem shows up at the moment. 

With newer technology, new problems come.frown

Important is, how I can fix it. Without uninstall. This fatal error comes from nowhere.

Hope someone can save my ass.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

"Should I uninstall something or just download and install (what I did)?"

As a precaution, I would always recommend selected the custom install option and then checking the Perform clean install box. This will remove any older driver components and registry entries from your system prior to installing the new driver.

• SixDs said:

"Should I uninstall something or just download and install (what I did)?"

As a precaution, I would always recommend selected the custom install option and then checking the Perform clean install box. This will remove any older driver components and registry entries from your system prior to installing the new driver.

I did, but it didnt help. From Daz Technical Support I still have no answer. Somehow it has to be able to fix. Still waiting and hoping.

• After starting daz3d several times, I was able to do something again, although the fatal error was displayed, it didnt kick me out.

I noticed something at Nick Hair, was always blond, now they are purple. After rendering, they are blond again. Something like that never happened before that fatal error.

After closing daz3d, the next 5 attempts, it kicked me out directly with the error message.

I'm also waiting for an answer from daz3d technical support team. (since Monday) But in the automatic mail was written, that it can take up to 5 days. frown

Who has experience with the support?

The purple thing is known, with some Iray shaders, in preview mode, they can look 'wrong'.

Support are generlly very good, but technical issues can take longer as they need to be able to investigate and try and recreate, if possible.

• I'm having a very similar issue, just with the nvopencl64.dll - DAZ crashes shortly after being opened. Updating Nvidia driver and reinstalling DAZ did nothing. Removing the dll from the folder only changed the error code.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

• My system:

• OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro  Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

• Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

• BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0334, 5/8/2014

• Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 24.0 GB // Total Virtual Memory 33.4 GB // Page File Space 9.50 GB

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

• BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

• main system drive (SATA): SSD KINGSTON SH103S3120G

•  

Avast Free Antivrus + ZoneAlarm Firewall

• DAZ Studio 4.11 (64-bit)

=================================
    I have encountered similar crashes as described above in recent 10 days. 
    I have been using DAZ3D continuously for the last 18 months (with Daz3D 4.10 .64) or more and have achieved some incredible graphics with only minor bugs here and there.
    Lately, it just started crashing--not just the application but it would freeze the graphic card, revert to motherboard built-in graphic card and then would crash win10 into oblivion. In less harmful scenarios, rendering will hang while processesing Iray, i.e., the first steps in rendering the scene.

Here are the steps I took:
    Clean the PC thoroughly: we tend to forget this important step but dirt would eventually get anywhere and everywhere in our neat tower. Ventilation is everything for rendering!
    Upgraded to latest Daz3D software 4.11  .64  -- less win10 crashes; yet Daz3D carshes with a warning  "Fatal Error ACCESS_VIOLATION in module...Library.dll " (or other dlls for that matter)
    Upgraded to latest NVIDIA Experience and graphic drivers: same problems. Downgraded to NVIDIA drivers that worked well: same problems.
    Windows update: on and system updated: same problems.
    Test rendering a scene on Daz that had no such issues and no dforce objects: similar problems.

Used Win 10 Storage function (under​ settings) and released  more space (scratch drive) on main HardDrive: and it works well most of the times, less crashes, yet that's not a fix. 
    So, something (most likely a WIN10 update) is demanding more virtual memory from the machine. This would be my best guess for now.

Steps still to be taken :
    1. update SDD  Firmware... If there's any recent update.
    2. cancel paging for SDD drive. (gain some vital space)
    3. Try to find out if Daz3D can scratch on my other HDD drives.

4. Buy better and bigger SDD and RAM which would mean fresh install of system and software + headache + money! Or even better a state of the art new PC :(

Number 4 is bad news. 

• How similar?

• AnitaLeeAnitaLee Posts: 41

I am currently having this issue after a windows update.  I reinstalled daz, updated the nvida driver still does not work

• You are getting the crash, with the same error message?