Can't find original image file to edit Texture for G8 Skin Base Map

I want to add some details on the "H. Materials RSL Base Map All Maps" Material for the Genesis 8 Female (let's say add a tattoo or whatever.

I can only find a .duf file and have been through every single folder in my Daz Application folder as well, tried to click on the "ambient color" in the Surfaces parameters, tried right clicking on the material in the Daz File browser window, I can't find a file to open inphotoshop and just paint on!!! Help!!! D:

Comments

• atoxicatoxic Posts: 141

Hi. For things like tattoos it is sometimes easier not to create a whole new texture each time, but to use an overvlay.

Select the object, go to surface tab, open surface, go to "diffuse", do a left click and choose "layered image editor". Thats where you con place your addition to the texture.
    If I remember right, there are some good tutorials for the layered image editor around.

Nice days and Nice Renders

atoxic

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,314

If you really want to know where the textures are, they are in your content library under: \Runtime\Textures\DAZ\Characters\Genesis8\FemaleBase

Or if you have the character loaded in DAZ Studio, go to the surfaces tab, pick the body part you want (torso, face, arms, whatever) and in the Diffuse there is a small thumbnail of the texture being used - right click on that and from the pop-up list pick "Browse" (near the top) and it will take you to the library where the textures are. (Careful to "Cancel" out of the dialog that pops up or you may replace the texture by accident).

• MelanieL said:

If you really want to know where the textures are, they are in your content library under: \Runtime\Textures\DAZ\Characters\Genesis8\FemaleBase

Or if you have the character loaded in DAZ Studio, go to the surfaces tab, pick the body part you want (torso, face, arms, whatever) and in the Diffuse there is a small thumbnail of the texture being used - right click on that and from the pop-up list pick "Browse" (near the top) and it will take you to the library where the textures are. (Careful to "Cancel" out of the dialog that pops up or you may replace the texture by accident).

Thank you! I was looking for mine, and they were in a "Cloud" folder that I could not save my custom files in.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Did you install through Daz Connect?